West Ham United (A) | Post-Match Thread

I keep on reading about bottle or our poor
Mentality. Honestly i think the fans that say this are bang out of order and have no idea what these lads are doing for our club. Look at Eric and Fernandinho yesterday. Blatantly not fit and could easily have sacked yesterday off but carried on. Same for Walker who put himself through hell against Madrid and is desperate to play next week.

We lose in the champs league in the most gut wrenching way and we go and beat two decent teams but 10 goals. We lose against spurs to a last minute goal after getting back into it the follow that up by a tough away at Everton and win. Wining back to back titles is hard and here we are again with our fate in our own hands. Bear in mind we have no proper forward and no orthodox left back.
They could have rolled over yesterday at two down but battled back at a very tough away day to grab a draw when really we should have won.

So no this lot aren’t bottlers or anything of the sort. Yes we may lose this weekend but if we do they haven’t bottled it, sometimes you lose football matches. Shit happens.

Re the red, are you referring to the foul on KDB from the through ball? I was thinking that myself, why on earth would that be just a yellow
Yeah this is the one, I haven't been able to watch it back, but at the time it looked at least like he was clear in on goal and the player made no attempt for the ball, I don't know how coufal survived that, I can only assume they used the "another player could of made the space up" line for the reason not to send him.

I keep on reading about bottle or our poor
Mentality. Honestly i think the fans that say this are bang out of order and have no idea what these lads are doing for our club. Look at Eric and Fernandinho yesterday. Blatantly not fit and could easily have sacked yesterday off but carried on. Same for Walker who put himself through hell against Madrid and is desperate to play next week.

We lose in the champs league in the most gut wrenching way and we go and beat two decent teams but 10 goals. We lose against spurs to a last minute goal after getting back into it the follow that up by a tough away at Everton and win. Wining back to back titles is hard and here we are again with our fate in our own hands. Bear in mind we have no proper forward and no orthodox left back.
They could have rolled over yesterday at two down but battled back at a very tough away day to grab a draw when really we should have won.

So no this lot aren’t bottlers or anything of the sort. Yes we may lose this weekend but if we do they haven’t bottled it, sometimes you lose football matches. Shit happens.
This deserves a love, spot on mate. So proud of this team. The likes of Sutton can go to hell for calling us serial chokers.

For everyone who is saying we could have relaxed on Sunday if we'd won yesterday, that wasn't necessarily the case. If Liverpool put a hatful past Southampton (not that difficult to imagine) then we could still have lost the league if we lost to Villa and the GD swung enough with Liverpool's game against Wolves. Would still have been nervy if Villa scored the first goal on Sunday.

Just win the game, lads!

We should a penalty taker worth 100million. Why can't man city get a penalty trainer?

So just so I'm clear you're suggesting we start the penultimate game of the season away at a club needing points for european qualification and fielding the biggest beast in the premier league alongside one of the in-form players with a defence consisting of a half fit Laporte and either 3 academy players or two academy players and a half fit Ake?

And that a half fit Ake (who I'm a big fan of by the way, think he's the best actual defender we have when fit) is 100 times better than Fernandinho?

I'm not even going to challenge your opinion on Zinchenko as obviously you don't believe he has a place at this club

Yep, I said this before the game too. They were always gonna go the long ball counter attack route, if even i know that surely the coaching should know that? You are meant to pick defenders best suited to nullify the opposition, ferna failed in almost any aspect of being a defender - constantly broke shape look at the first goal - decides to fucking run out and head the ball back to WH player (falls on his arse at the same time) then that player seconds later gets a assist from creating a 2v3. 2nd goal - Zinchenko lets his man run freely whilst he himself is jogging, absolute shambolic. At least with Walker when he loses concentration his pace and strength makes up for it,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.