Ref Watch

The fact Sky have this should tell you all you need to know. Dodgy decisions by the ref or VAR, brushed under the rug by the partisan commentators depending on whether it favours their team, and then the likes of Gallagher just to throw the rug out and wash any controversy away.

It happens too often not to be scripted.

I have always said and will maintain that the broadcasters, privy to what is being said between officials and VAR are complicit in desired outcomes.

It will out one day.

But if it’s all a plan to stop us then they’d just ignore the pen? Var came good, we shot ourselves in the foot. There’s isn’t a single way anyone can say the pen was given as some backwards way of stopping us. We score the pen and title won,
The premier league need fans from all over the world paying money to watch 'the greatest league in the world.'
If everyone watches City get blatantly cheated out of 2 penalties, do you not think the 'product' would be damaged. Look at Formula one last season, the world laughed at how bent it was. Taylor did not give either of the nailed on decisions, the first Var should have stepped in but inexplicably didn't. If they had ignored the even more blatant second one the whole shit show would be ridiculed.

The premier league need fans from all over the world paying money to watch 'the greatest league in the world.'
If everyone watches City get blatantly cheated out of 2 penalties, do you not think the 'product' would be damaged. Look at Formula one last season, the world laughed at how bent it was. Taylor did not give either of the nailed on decisions, the first Var should have stepped in but inexplicably didn't. If they had ignored the even more blatant second one the whole shit show would be ridiculed.
Please, don’t mention F1, I have a horrible feeling that they might just try it in football.

Although I did watch Fury the other week as a one-off, I’ve now stopped watching boxing after the Jack Catterall dirgrace a few months back.

I haven’t watched F1 since the mid-00s but I definitely won’t watch again after what happened last season.

When you fix something, you lose all credibility as a sport.

I have always said and will maintain that the broadcasters, privy to what is being said between officials and VAR are complicit in desired outcomes.

It will out one day.
they do don't they?
I'm sure there was a match recently where coming back after half time VAR and the ref couldn't communicate (tech issues) and the commentators knew this and had information before the ref as they could hear either the 4th official or VAR...

Although I did watch Fury the other week as a one-off, I’ve now stopped watching boxing after the Jack Catterall dirgrace a few months back.

I haven’t watched F1 since the mid-00s but I definitely won’t watch again after what happened last season.

When you fix something, you lose all credibility as a sport.
I'm the same with cricket.

they do don't they?
I'm sure there was a match recently where coming back after half time VAR and the ref couldn't communicate (tech issues) and the commentators knew this and had information before the ref as they could hear either the 4th official or VAR...
We can now see that the broadcasters have the result of a review before the referee which, in itself, is huge red flag. There’s probably a segregation of powers to adhere to sporting integrity where the pundits can hear the VAR, but not vise-versa, but that may not count for the match commander who could be basically directing the game.

A horrible thought, but one that explains strange decisions.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.