Hospitality/box experience at City

My uncle was a linesman and when he retired he worked for the FA as an assessor. He occasionally got sent to Maine Road for City games in the 90s and took me when I was a kid.

We were often put up in the directors box.

I distinctly remember it being like a working mens club. Little sausage rolls on paper plates and the like.

I imagine the current facilities are a bit better.

Anyone got any info on commonwealth bar? I am there this weekend and just wondering if it's strict on dress code etc?

My dad's a fairly serious chap and usually the boss of most rooms he's in. I gave him the Legends package for a significant birthday. When he met Colin Bell he was like a ten year old! Was worth it for that alone, although sat in the happy clappy seats you do miss out on the atmosphere.

My uncle was a linesman and when he retired he worked for the FA as an assessor. He occasionally got sent to Maine Road for City games in the 90s and took me when I was a kid.

We were often put up in the directors box.

I distinctly remember it being like a working mens club. Little sausage rolls on paper plates and the like.

I imagine the current facilities are a bit better.
I remember walking to Maine Road from Piccadilly and was stopped by someone in a car asking for directions to the game. I told him I was going so I jumped in. We were playing Birmingham so i said to him I assume you are a Birmingham fan as you don’t know where it is? He said no, he was the ref. As I was a student I had foregone my season ticket at the time so he got me sorted in the posh seats on the proviso I never shouted “who is the b-st-rd in the black”..

When my late niece was in Christies in the latter stages of cancer, Vincent Kompany invited her to bring a party of ten to a box at the Etihad, for the Swansea match just after we won the title. It was out of this world free drinks, a delicous buffet, tea and cakes at half time and more drinks post match. I believe it would cost many thousands if we had had to pay for it. Will always be grateful to Vinny and the club for the treat they gave to a very poorly young girl, who was a season ticket holder in the South stand. Pictures of this wonderful day were displayed at her funeral. Thanks Vinny and City for the magical memory.

When my late niece was in Christies in the latter stages of cancer, Vincent Kompany invited her to bring a party of ten to a box at the Etihad, for the Swansea match just after we won the title. It was out of this world free drinks, a delicous buffet, tea and cakes at half time and more drinks post match. I believe it would cost many thousands if we had had to pay for it. Will always be grateful to Vinny and the club for the treat they gave to a very poorly young girl, who was a season ticket holder in the South stand. Pictures of this wonderful day were displayed at her funeral. Thanks Vinny and City for the magical memory.
Lovely story, thanks for sharing

It was 10k about ten years ago. God bless your niece.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.