Priti Vacant has a plan, a deal with migrants plan.

Which is precisly what I am saying. those empty promises were vote winners and will be in fuiture. I would prefer Labour or Cons actually listen to those concerns (as abhorrent that they are) and be seen to be doing something abouit it.
We all would, but as long as the system rewards liars and charlatans it's not going to happen. At least until enough people wake up to the fact that the government are taking the piss. We are still some way off that and it's sad that the cost of living crisis is probably the country's best hope of getting rid of them.

If nothing is done we're becoming more and more right wing (Dont get me wrong I dont read the DM or vote tory or racist) but seems to me that Farage, Tories, Brexit, Trump etc etc are all happening because nothing seems to be being done.

I want this govn, or the next to actually address this growing issue, have a proper policy, even if they dont do anything about it, because we have to stop the rise of the racist politics we're seeing. Theres a great deal of people who are scared, and they feel they're being ignored..... They will vote trump or farage or whomever will listen, and those guys will get into power and fuck things up even more.
So you think people who are a bit right wing because they're a bit against immigration then become more right wing when there's more immigration.

Like being a bit pregnant.

So you think people who are a bit right wing because they're a bit against immigration then become more right wing when there's more immigration.

Like being a bit pregnant.
If you like. I think. But I was thinking about people I know, dyed in the wool Labourites now voting Conservative because of the worries about immigration and foreigners coming over here etc (Also because of Boris "is a good laugh" too). And tbh I think that's matched in the changes in voting we've seen for the last few decades with the rise of the right wing politicians who exploit peoples fears and create divisions. I'd say Labour/Cons/Libs need to speak to those people and bring them back into mainstream politics.

The Conservatives know that immigration is a vote winner and that is why their media friends put it into the headlines as soon as there is another issue that they wish to conceal. The fact that 'tackling immigrants' is populist disgusts me, frankly, and is always used during times of strife - this is a policy as transparent as the day is long, and it has worked, time and time again, in all nations, as it strikes at the heart of what some of us are. The whole rise of woke and cancel culture is simply an attempt to strengthen those divisions - if you are anti-immigrant or immigration, being told that you are not allowed to speak out is powerful stuff. Of course, what you actually want is that those who criticise your own stance be cancelled, but that is different, isn't it?

Last edited:
The Conservatives know that immigration is a vote winner and that is why their media friends put it into the headlines as soon as there is another issue that they wish to conceal. The fact that 'tackling immigrants' is populist disgusts me, frankly, and is always used during times of strife - this is a policy as transparent as the day is long, and it has worked, time and time again, in all nations, as it strikes at the heart of what some of us are. The whole rise of woke and cancel culture is simply an attempt to strengthen those divisions - if you are anti-immigrant or immigration, being told that you are not allowed to speak out is powerful stuff. Of course, what you actually want is that those who criticise your own stance be cancelled, but that is different, isn't it?
It actually works both ways and people are very good at looking at things through their own bias. Simply put if one holds strong opinions on a subject then naturally anyone who argues against it must be a wrong un or is being fooled by others.
After all how could anyone possible not see that you are obviously correct. If you use correct logic then anyone who doesn’t agree must be illogical.

It actually works both ways and people are very good at looking at things through their own bias. Simply put if one holds strong opinions on a subject then naturally anyone who argues against it must be a wrong un or is being fooled by others.
After all how could anyone possible not see that you are obviously correct. If you use correct logic then anyone who doesn’t agree must be illogical.
Quite right, of course, but it's pretty clear we hear more about wokes, snowflakes, cancel culture, radicals and lefties than we do about gammons and racists. I am always happy to have the debate.

Quite right, of course, but it's pretty clear we hear more about wokes, snowflakes, cancel culture, radicals and lefties than we do about gammons and racists. I am always happy to have the debate.
In what context? If you mean on here then this is where unconscious bias comes in. If you are more of a “leftie” for example then it may well appear that way to you. On the other hand someone right wing would probably feel the opposite. It’s more of a left wing board for obvious reasons but a minority can obviously just post a lot as well.

It’s like the main forum posters will pick up on the negative stuff about city to the point it becomes an unhealthy obsession. People moan about political or media spin(obviously when it’s against their view) but actually act in the exact same way when posting.

In what context? If you mean on here then this is where unconscious bias comes in. If you are more of a “leftie” for example then it may well appear that way to you. On the other hand someone right wing would probably feel the opposite. It’s more of a left wing board for obvious reasons but a minority can obviously just post a lot as well.

It’s like the main forum posters will pick up on the negative stuff about city to the point it becomes an unhealthy obsession. People moan about political or media spin(obviously when it’s against their view) but actually act in the exact same way when posting.
In the general media, rather than on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.