Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking the exact same. Then again we all know Pep by now his exact words will be "John and Kyle have trained but we will have to wait and see if they are ready for the game, We have two more sessions, After that we will see".

He never gives anything away.
"We will see on the morning of the game..."

"We will see on the morning of the game..."

That's how it will go. But you wonder why they would bother training if there was no chance in featuring in the matchday squad. Season is over after this, just let them rest up. Must be a good chance they can feature if they've been training with the rest of the team.

If stones and Kyle are still carrying injuries they wouldn't be training simple as that both will start Sunday unless they have setbacks.
I honestly don’t know how this works but given that a lot of players mention playing with injuries it’s probable that they train with them too.

David Silva played almost permanently injured.

There are degrees of injury and the importance of the match plays a part I would think.

I expect them to play myself.

That's how it will go. But you wonder why they would bother training if there was no chance in featuring in the matchday squad. Season is over after this, just let them rest up. Must be a good chance they can feature if they've been training with the rest of the team.
Yeah, I'm assuming they'll both be in the matchday squad. Not sure if he'll risk starting both of them though.

Yeah, I'm assuming they'll both be in the matchday squad. Not sure if he'll risk starting both of them though.
Couple of us have mentioned this in the Villa thread.

Might be worth giving Walker an hour, using him to put ourselves 2-0 up (hopefully), then subbing him out for Stones to see us through.

Walker, Ake, Laporte, Cancelo (or Stones, Ake, Laporte, Cancelo) already looks so much better than what we've been facing in defence recently.

It would depend how comfortable Pep is with playing Laporte at RCB and whether Ake can make it through the 90mins.

In a game we have to win having three defenders who could need substituting wouldn't be a risk worth taking. Walker instantly makes us more solid because of his pace and is probably the one worth taking risks with.

Having said that, if we need to find a goal Pep is probably likely to sacrifice a defender anyway for a more attacking player.

Reactions: Ric
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.