Running thread

OK so I've had a couple of runs now in the tecton x. I did 11 hungover miles in them on Sunday and to be fair they probably got me that far, as it was a struggle!!
Tried them again yesterday morning in better nick, as I have said they are comfy, but not too comfy once you get going, plenty of ground feel etc, I've seen reviews where folk have said they so good they using them on roads as well, sorry but that sounds like bullshit to me, maybe I'm just used to better road shoes, but they feel just OK on the hard stuff, certainly not worth splashing the price they cost just for road use.
However once you get on the trails they do kind of come alive, across the grass they are superb and you do feel a lot of bounce in the green stuff, I tried a bit of speed across rocky terrain for a mile or so, and boy do they perform well, sooo fast, I knocked over a minute of my previous strava segment times and wasn't going full hammer, and didn't have the feel of the rocks digging into my feet either...bliss!!!
I think with the carbon plates, they maybe needed a few miles to break in, as the bounce and energy return did come more on my second run, I reckon you could run a lot of miles in them and they would help "save" your legs a bit.
The only thing I can compare them to is maybe the salomon ultra glides, but maybe they a bit more springy for obvious reasons. Worth the cash? Maybe, only a maybe from me so far, oh and definitely go half a size up
Cheers Gaz, great review.

They featured in June/July trail running mag and received plenty of plaudits.

Long runs I wear the Brooks Cascadia 16s and although there not the fastest they are a proper workhorse and can never remember any discomfort in my feet regardless of the terrain. Get a bit of stick Brooks but I find them fantastic.

I picked up a pair of Higher state (sports shoes own brand) soil shakers as they were only 40 quid last week. Got lugs like a cheap pair of 80s football boots but they have had some decent reviews so looking forward to giving them a go this week.

Manchester half tomorrow. Going to take it easy with the match later and then kick on next week on the trails.

Cheers Gaz, great review.

They featured in June/July trail running mag and received plenty of plaudits.

Long runs I wear the Brooks Cascadia 16s and although there not the fastest they are a proper workhorse and can never remember any discomfort in my feet regardless of the terrain. Get a bit of stick Brooks but I find them fantastic.

I picked up a pair of Higher state (sports shoes own brand) soil shakers as they were only 40 quid last week. Got lugs like a cheap pair of 80s football boots but they have had some decent reviews so looking forward to giving them a go this week.

Manchester half tomorrow. Going to take it easy with the match later and then kick on next week on the trails.
No worries mate, yep I've seen the soil shakers get great reviews, but they always seem to link back to sportshoes so it put me off a bit, but at that price whats to lose!! Let us know how you get on.
I will say sportshoes are great with returns, my vapourflys had a slight tear in the toe box upper after about 150 miles, (and it really was slight) I sent them back, and they sent me out a new pair!! That's the second time I've had that with the vapours, the last pair I sent back to nike after 3 marathons and god knows how many miles, again had a tear in the upper....full refund!! I think the uppers are just not able to last a pounding.
So in short if the soilshakers are crap send them back for a refund.
I'm doing the half in the morning as well, and might know a crazy fool who is also doing the 10k after it for shits and giggles and to kill time before the match

Today's 5k run was in memory of a young lad William who took a heart attack in a swimming pool and unfortunately passed away. William was from Wayland just outside Boston and his family are related to my partner's in law's and he was at school with our nephew and niece's who are aged 9,7 and 6. It's been difficult trying to explain why they won't see him again. So far $14,000 dollars has been raised to build a memorial garden in his name. God bless you wee man

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-05-20-21-29-56-69_be80aec1db9a2b53c9d399db0c602181.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-20-21-29-56-69_be80aec1db9a2b53c9d399db0c602181.jpg
    830.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_2022-05-22-11-29-20-65_45e686c594768066ad9911d54d96f72b.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-22-11-29-20-65_45e686c594768066ad9911d54d96f72b.jpg
    504.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_2022-05-22-11-25-31-87_d9aa206de00b4b7c29deeb8e9ccbd9e7.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-22-11-25-31-87_d9aa206de00b4b7c29deeb8e9ccbd9e7.jpg
    576.2 KB · Views: 5
Corr blimey what a day yesterday was!! Started with the manchester half at 8.30am ran 1.24.57 then shuffled back to the start line for the 10k at 11.30am my legs gave up after about 3 miles but I gritted me teeth and pushed it through for 46mins, those last 2kms were agony, worse than a marathon.
Got back to the beer shop, and then city did the business, did the junior run the day before with my daughter who was amazing. Celebrated our "quad" late into the night, happy days!!!

It was a cracking day. Did my first half marathon in a time of just over 1hr 45 mins, and then the boys in blue did the job too.

I’m impressed at you doing it in the time you did, and then doing the 10km too! Hardcore!

It was a cracking day. Did my first half marathon in a time of just over 1hr 45 mins, and then the boys in blue did the job too.

I’m impressed at you doing it in the time you did, and then doing the 10km too! Hardcore!
Cheers mate, 1.45 is a very decent time for a first half marathon, onwards and upwards now.
All my early morning runs on the mean streets of didsbury are paying off in the races, that last 10k was torture, having an hour in between finishing and starting again really took it out of the legs,that last 2k or so was just as hard as the last 2k of a marathon

I parked up at the Trafford Centre and ran down to Manchester for the parade. 10km in a PB of 54:05, knocking 1 minute and 52 seconds off my previous best.
de7d903bf0dbf08153a8fd5d4cfb9eb0.jpg
c4f85164ee704f463223c2b8135b160b.jpg
751c8948a29afde8f52265b3f523fd31.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.