Pep's contract situation

Fully agree. We can’t find a pep replacement so no point trying. We need 2 years of calm & kompany demands authority. We should learn from what Utd have done since fergie left.

when pep goes it will be a damage limitation type scenario. We need a city leader & legend at the helm to steady things
We should learn from United and NEVER get teary eyed over an ex player.

We're in an unique position where we have time to get the right candidate, unlike normally when it's a quick job to replace a sacked manager.

He has the best job in football why would he won't to leave? Every other job is a step down and I just don't think he would like international football he likes the day to day involvement we got him at the best time he has been where he wants t have been I think he will be here for the next 5 years he just keeps everyone on there toes

If I was in the PR team and Pep has agreed to extend his contract. I would look at the right time to announce it.

It would be far too easy to do it straight after winning another title. (If we do)

It would have to be timed for me as pre season starts.

Other clubs will want the focus on them and their signings. I suspect we may have another fuck me signing we're keeping the lid on. That's when we launch the cannon.

Haaland, followed by the other "Fuck me how did we get him?!" Signing. Just as certain clubs and client journalist are spitting blood and bile Pep throws in a throwaway. "Guess what guy's, like my club I'm not going anywhere for a while yet." comment.

Think pep will leave if he feels burnt out or that he can't deliver us success say 2 trophyless seasons I think he will just walk away. He loves the competition in the premier league and has said multiple times that he has a near perfect working environment not much more the club can do. Can see him signing a rolling 1 year contract next year.

I hope he knows great players only get a statue after 10 years, managers need to stay for 20 for that!!!

I feel like he just doesn't want to negotiate or sign anything until the offseason so he can look at any deal with a clear mind.

I've said before, he seems to have all the resources he had at Barcelona with a fraction of the internal pressure. The players are elite, the fans idolise him.

One other thing we don't think about enough is his relationship with the people above him. They've been very patient over the UCL situation because there is a level headed sense of reason over the fact that winning it is takes a lot of things to go your way and knockout tournaments can be decided by a sharp twist of events. The UCL alone is not the goal, the goal is to always be in a position to win it whether we've won it 0 or 3 times.

When the same ideology and culture gets shared between upper management and coaching management, it's something football fans take for granted. Pep never has to coach with his job on the line because he knows the organisation has long terms plans so there is room to work with. There are teams that would have fired him after the 16/17 season and their fanbase would have called him a fraud. I saw some City fans do it.

If you start setting short term goals with high impact ramifications, you just become Man Utd. A team throwing wads of cash aimlessly at players with star name value (170m combined on Maguire and Pogba who both need to play in a 3 man setup so they can't even play together) and cycling through managers hoping for the next quick fix.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.