It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

After yesterday , looking at Sterling I would say he is certain to leave, he looked very subdued and reflect full.
Definitely. Everyone noticed it and just seemed out of place. Issue with Sterling is I dont see anyone paying the fee+wages and I dint us selling him to anyone in England.

Definitely. Everyone noticed it and just seemed out of place. Issue with Sterling is I dont see anyone paying the fee+wages and I dint us selling him to anyone in England.
Not sure, he has given the club great service and I think the club will recognise that and let him move where he wants and at favorable terms.

He owes us nothing

After yesterday , looking at Sterling I would say he is certain to leave, he looked very subdued and reflect full.
In his sky pitch interview when they asked him what he said to gundo after the 3rd goal "that's the way the universe works" and that gundo wanted to play more. I just thought he seemed rather muted with his celebrations.

I have found it painful to watch him this season but that assist for the 1st was superb, he might be a different player with haaland in the team but I wouldn't want to see him leave for free

come on mate, he is a frustrating player but he has contributed hugely to our success, including yesterday.
I agree with your post, however with the incoming Haaland I feel City are going to be playing at another level and it may be time to refresh the squad. Sterling has been a brilliant servant for sure. But he is too inconsistent now to feature regularly in the team.
It may be the right time for both parties to cash in. Same may apply to Mahrez as his contract is winding down. Mahrez has had a brilliant season and has also been a great player for the club. But now may be the time to cash in on him also.
If City can sell these players for 80 - 100 million that money could be spent on younger players with lower wages.
I feel rightly or wrongly our squad needs a refresh. Players coming to the end of their contracts with a decent transfer value to be sold and maybe 3 to 4 new players arrive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.