Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

So I went to everything yesterday, from the bus welcome, right into the ground so was on the concourse for an hour before, through to the Fernandinho send off. That was an English football crowd at its best. It followed the flow of the game, was very down at its down point, and was as high as anything at its height. Pure drama. The silence in the crowd was atmosphere in its own right: despair, anxiety. You don't get the explosion on the second and third goals without those moments of contemplation. But even after they scored the crowd did a loud rendition of Blue Moon. Anyone dwelling on "atmosphere" after that game either wasn't there or is so used to (fairly) giving the crowd a kicking that they don't know what else to do.

So I went to everything yesterday, from the bus welcome, right into the ground so was on the concourse for an hour before, through to the Fernandinho send off. That was an English football crowd at its best. It followed the flow of the game, was very down at its down point, and was as high as anything at its height. Pure drama. The silence in the crowd was atmosphere in its own right: despair, anxiety. You don't get the explosion on the second and third goals without those moments of contemplation. But even after they scored the crowd did a loud rendition of Blue Moon. Anyone dwelling on "atmosphere" after that game either wasn't there or is so used to (fairly) giving the crowd a kicking that they don't know what else to do.
Can't have the highs without the lows. Much prefer that to the monotonous German tripe that they endlessly belt out through the whole game.

No passion and we’re all plastic apparently. You wouldn’t see scenes like this at old Trafford

you wouldn’t see that anywhere else. Why

why?

Because there are no cameras involved.

Remember this when they come out with the tired old ’no fans’, ‘plastic club’, ‘tourists’ etc:

We know that it’s regurgitated talksport clickbait crap which does nothing else but mark the speaker out as exactly that which they seek to criticise,.

But know this.

They’ve seen city go from a club who spent a lot of money and which they could bray about buying trophies, to a club who have a city fan academy graduate as a vital cog, city fan academy graduates on the bench and soon to be integrated, a city fan future GOAT signing for the club he supported as a boy.

And remember.

Those cringeworthy hackneyed cliches are literally all they have left.

Just watched the full game back now.

Apart from the positivity and excitement at the start of both halves, the atmosphere was extremely flat before we scored our goals. We barely sung four songs outside those first few minutes, didn’t get behind the team, there were even very few big stadium wide “come on”s.

Through the goals it grew from a medium cheer, to a big cheer and belief we could win, to pure pandemonium when the third went in.

Just watched the full game back now.

Apart from the positivity and excitement at the start of both halves, the atmosphere was extremely flat before we scored our goals. We barely sung four songs outside those first few minutes, didn’t get behind the team, there were even very few big stadium wide “come on”s.

Through the goals it grew from a medium cheer, to a big cheer and belief we could win, to pure pandemonium when the third went in.
I made similar comments earlier on the thread and Ive watched it back and still believe it. It was a very disappointing atmosphere until we scored.

it sounded raucous during the presentation (which I missed) so I think some have blanked out the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.