Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone with half a brain knows the facts of the matter regarding the Bennell case and the process followed through the legal system by the insurers defending the case.

This 'journalist' accusing City of 'gaslighting' Bennell's victims is aiming an appalling slur at our club. He should be asked who it is he's doing the 'gaslighting' for..

I daresay City will look at recent comments like this and take action if it's necessary, in its own time. Suggestions like this 'gaslighting of victims of paedophilia' should not be allowed to develop traction amongst the wider public opinion. Those who are behind such attempts to sully our club in such ways should be brought to book for their own actions.

To borrow from The Smiths, 'Heavy words, so lightly thrown..' Everything has a consequence.. and 'journalists' (hah!) should realise this more than most (double, nay, triple hah!)..

I would bet everything I own on the club doing absolutely nothing.

The BBC are giving us decent coverage on their Football web page. Must have given the usual warped reporters the night off.
Manchester-based Simon Stone and his boss Dan Roan have pretty much ignored City's success apart from a few tweets highlighting the pitch invasion. There is a genuine problem within BBC sport online. The Manchester-based Football Reporter spent the last day covering Brentford v Leeds in London. This is just strange really considering the PL finale was a headline story across the world including all the main US networks and media outlets.

Never understand why anyone would still employ this chap, he's not very bright and he beat up his girlfriend. Why would you give him a job?
It's very strange really. Collymore is a drunken thug who beats up women and was caught "dogging" on Cannock Chase. Now I am reasonably liberal-minded about what people do in their private life and am open-minded about Collymore's addiction problems. But his behaviour suggests he is not very smart so I can't see why he would be given a platform in a national newspaper talking about football finance. It just undermines the Mirror's own credibility.

It's very strange really. Collymore is a drunken thug who beats up women and was caught "dogging" on Cannock Chase. Now I am reasonably liberal-minded about what people do in their private life and am open-minded about Collymore's addiction problems. But his behaviour suggests he is not very smart so I can't see why he would be given a platform in a national newspaper talking about football finance. It just undermines the Mirror's own credibility.

he was begging for people to leave him alone at the Euros in France. must only grow a pair behind the keyboard or towards women

Not a popular hack on here but this article is ok.

Ronay is moving his position but he still can't let go of the totally false claim that "City are owned by a nation state." He can't be that stupid can he? He can check all the audited accounts carried out over 14 years by blue chip firms with impeccable reputations. He knows the claim has been tested in court, and independently investigated by scores of lawyers for UEFA, the PL, and those doing due diligence for the Chinese and US firms who bought a 24 per cent stake in our club.
Not even Der Spiegl or UEFA have accused us of being "owned by a nation state." Their worst allegation (disproved) was that ten years ago some of our sponsorship money may have come direct from our owner not the sponsor.
Yet Ronay and his pals can't let go of a claim that is verifiably false. On that basis you can't believe anything he writes about anything. You just can't trust him. Is he incompetent or motivated by malice?

I don't like the "City and Liverpool dominating" but in any sport great champions are usually defined by having great rivals. Utds dominance of the Premier league in the 90's will not be regarded as great era because there was no real long term rivalry. By leaving Liverpool in the conversation as a great team makes our near complete domination of them even greater.
Totally agree, but the media will never see it that way. They're practically foaming at the mouth, begging Liverpool to win the CL trophy so they can dismiss our season as completely irrelevant.

They're not far off that now, all I've seen on SSN are snippets of Liverpool and Klopp, we've barely got a mention. I can understand that for this season if the lift the CL trophy but at least give us some credit for the 4 out of 5. Yesterday the biggest news was Ten Hag's news conference, we didn't even get a mention until they'd got that out of the way.

he was begging for people to leave him alone at the Euros in France. must only grow a pair behind the keyboard or towards women
The Mirror have credibility?

They lost that for me 30+ years ago when they sold me an 8-page derby pull out special, and the only time we were mentioned in the entire 8 pages was in the day's fixture list on the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.