Aston Villa (H) Post Match Thread

Now we have got over the line and everything has settled down i would love to know what Pep was thinking with that starting line up.

We had two fit Centre halves in Stones and Laporte, a fit right back in Cancelo and a fit left back in Zinchenko.

So why the hell he went with a centre half at right back, a right back at left back and a 37 year old midfielder at Centre half still has me baffled.

Now we have got over the line and everything has settled down i would love to know what Pep was thinking with that starting line up.

We had two fit Centre halves in Stones and Laporte, a fit right back in Cancelo and a fit left back in Zinchenko.

So why the hell he went with a centre half at right back, a right back at left back and a 37 year old midfielder at Centre half still has me baffled.
I know right..Zinchenko instantly made so much impact as soon as he came which begs this question. oh well..

spat his dummy out at the press conference to.

That's because just like before he slipped it was all in his and that ex scouse rat Coutinho's hands. They would forever be feted in Liverpool as the men that stopped us and gave Liverpool the title. He would have been asked about it in every interview forever and had a little chuckle as he recounted it. Now like the slip it's just another occasion they fucked it up, this time letting a two goal lead slip with 15 minutes to go. "We don't let this slip now!" Only you did Stevie, you did.

my heart absolutely sank. It was like the CL all over again. Fortunately we did it. I dread to think what the forum would have been like had we not.

I mentioned it in the post match thread, almost a fuck up of the champions League final magnitude. Thankfully this time we could turn it around and win

We’ll never know how it’d have played out had he started with all 3 subs on Sunday, what I am glad about though is that it played out exactly as it did, even going 2-0 down. It was just beautiful how we won it. They’ll never be able to take it away from us. As the saying goes, “We’ve seen things they’ll never see”.

I haven’t looked back on the entirety of the thread, but anyone who hasn’t yet heard Peter Drury’s commentary on Gundo’s final goal is missing out on brilliant work.

In my opinion he’s the best of the best in modern football. He really captures the insanity, passion and beauty of the moment.

It's been posted here somewhere and I agree the best commentary about us I have ever heard.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.