Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends what stats you are looking at?

For all of the "defensive" ones he is basically in the top percentiles. He is also playing in a crap team fighting relegation, not sure what you expect his stats to show.

I don't think hes really kicked on in the last 18mths but I massively believe that anyone joining this squad, immediately goes up a few levels and after that its normally always a success.
The problem is that Hojbjerg has cost 15m£, Bruno Guimaraes 40M£, and both of them are way better players than Phillips. We should have scouted better. Look at his ball progression - it's on an abhorrent level. We have to demand more from Txiki, this is a lazy move, because of the release clause, coz all we know is that this guy is incapable of negotiating...

He’s in the squad, but players have been given discretionary leave to move before but there isn’t any immediate rush I guess.

I imagine it’ll take time to get a fee agreed with Leeds and terms sorted with his agent anyway so there’s no rush.
And now he's away with England for a while... Our players will be buttering him up! But yeah this alleged deal won't be a quick one!

Not watched much of Leeds but I was never blown away by his performances for England. But I’m sure the club know what they’re doing if they decide to go for him.
Two possible points on that:
1) he goes quietly about his business and does what he's asked to do as a DM. You'd notice him more if he was dropping bollocks every game.
2) Rodri has only started to "stand out" this season as he getting further forward?? Prior to that he was as per point 1 above - but he was still a hell of a player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.