Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the point, but the bigger clubs get the bulk of the revenue now anyway. Is there really that much difference?
When Sky took charge of the PL TV rights one of their plans was a sky season ticket. Where you paid to be able to watch your team's matches home and away. The club's at the time blocked it saying it would lower match day attendances.

I agree with you it's a tightrope to satisfy all parties.

"Owned by a nation state" appears to be being used again more frequently than ever before by this type of journalist, when it is such an obvious (though deliberate) lie.
They must know its untrue. It has been proven to be false. Repeating the phrase is fake news so you have to question the motivation of a professional journalist stating it as fact. It is the sort of comment you would hear from a moronic rival fan. It is disturbing that some Reporters (not all) continue to promote this narrative and it is never corrected by their Editors.

Manchester-based Simon Stone and his boss Dan Roan have pretty much ignored City's success apart from a few tweets highlighting the pitch invasion. There is a genuine problem within BBC sport online. The Manchester-based Football Reporter spent the last day covering Brentford v Leeds in London. This is just strange really considering the PL finale was a headline story across the world including all the main US networks and media outlets.

Stone is an odd one - he’s like a fanzine editor on the BBC’s books; and he seems do whatever he likes…. Goes off to cover pre-season tours etc… He‘s clearly a big United fan and in some ways good luck to him but he’s not working for the Red Issue he works for the Beeb and is being funded by the licence payer - to write none stop sycophantic stuff on United and pour bile on anyone else - usually us. Someone at the BBC - should be asking questions from both a financial and editorial standards perspective about Stone. If they feel the need for a northern football correspondent - they need to get one because Stone is not it.

I get the point, but the bigger clubs get the bulk of the revenue now anyway. Is there really that much difference?
The bigger clubs get a tiny fraction of the potential revenue. A Liverpool v Man United fixture could make £100m for the clubs from one single match. The current situation where UEFA control broadcasting rights for the CL without even owning the product is unsustainable. Compromises will have to be made but the Super League concept will happen in some format. The best we can hope for is that the fans are looked after with ticket prices etc. Other than pure greed there is no reason the why the global PPV audience should not subsidise tickets for matchgoers for example. I am not saying I like it but the technology will dictate what happens and football is a global sport whether we like it or not. Look at some of the footage from around the world to Sunday's PL finale. The world loves English football. It is probably our biggest export (apart from weapons).

The elephant in the room which he has conveniently left out, is that the investigation which started in 2019 went to the highest sports court in the land and was dismissed. How the fuck does he get paid for this shite?
also how does an investigation into finances 10yrs back have any bearing on what we've achieved over the past 5yrs the fuckin thick wife beating dogging twat!

He just couldn't help himself though with things like:
'There are of course other sides to this transformation. City’s nation-state ownership is 14 years old now' and also:
'City’s superpower has been to set about elite level sport with the coherence of an overt political project, backed by bottomless reserves, extreme executive competence and a willingness to litigate.' I think we have now reached a cross roads with the media. The average football fan has wised up to the extreme Liverpool / United biased media and have started to see what it is with their own eyes. It has got both irritating and boring for them. It's turning them off and making us more likeable. Also, after Sunday, the success we have achieved and how we have gone about it on the pitch is starting to be recognised. The football is truly undeniably sublime and the average football fan see's and realises this and and now actually admires it. Therefore the MSM have a problem. Obviously the likes of SKY will not stop the way they do things in the foreseeable future as their business model is based on armchair supporters paying their subscriptions. The press will have to start to moderate their blatant bias, spite and bile as it has become a turnoff and not a turn on to Mr average which means less clicks and therefore less advertising revenues. I guess we can live in hope.
I wish someone would challenge this bottomless reserves narrative. If we had unlimited spending resources then Kane, Messi, Koulibaly and others would have been signed. The fact that we regularly walk away from deals we consider too expensive is never mentioned to counter this bogus assertion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.