Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if any of my fellow Evertonians on here would mention the trouble our fans had in Lille during the Martinez years. I wasn't there but I remember people on Grand Old Team posting some real horror stories about the French police kicking off.

On another note, I'm learning Italian at the moment and I've just been given the sentence 'c'è il rischio che la squadra perda' ('there is the risk that the squad loses/will lose'). Made me think of Liverpool and Ancelotti.

I was in Lille and the police had a zero tolerance attitude and you could sense something happening. A group of plain clothes police were trapped on one side of the square and they fired tear gas indiscriminately to reach their fellow officers. Everton as a club never even complained about it, and it was never really mentioned again. At the stadium they held us back at metro stations and caused crushes by lack of organisation and funnelling fans away.
If you travel away to countries such as Italy, France and Spain you get used to it.
Liverpool rightly got massive support over their Hillsborough campaign but now try to use it as a get out of jail card if anyone challenges them over their fan's behaviour. Either trouble follows them around weirdly or they have to accept some form of culpability

Not scrolled back so maybe you have already commented but whats your view on what happened saturday night? Being honest.

and also are you a scouse liverpool fan or an out of towner?
You might need to translate this into Norwegian if you want a reply ;)

Hillsborough has been investigated more than any other tragedy and trying to re-apportion blame based on points that will have been thoroughly reviewed and at odds with the conclusion of numerous independent reports is just wrong. Whilst undoubtedly there was poor behaviour from some at that match like at any other match ever, it has long since been accepted that it was not a contributory factor. The fact that you can't accept that zero blame was apportioned to their fans means that you're wilfully ignoring all the evidence of major failings by SYP and the stadium management who were finally forced to accept full responsibility. There's no shortage of bad behaviour by dippers in lots of other situations where they can be legitimately criticised but you should leave Hillsborough out of it because of the weight of evidence that was amassed that disproves that point.
I believe one of the failings of SYP were the opening of the turnstiles and gates.
So why did that mp from Liverpool suggest that's what the Paris police should have done

Not scrolled back so maybe you have already commented but whats your view on what happened saturday night? Being honest.

and also are you a scouse liverpool fan or an out of towner?
So far all I’ve seen is fans, including kids getting pepper sprayed for not much reason and a video of some locals battling the police. But being honest I’ve no idea as wasn’t there. But mates who were have said it was bad. There 2 hours early but closed gates on them then told genuine tickets were fakes.
I’m an OOT wool now but originally from Tuebrook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.