Elon Musk buys Twitter

No travelling
Save load money
Wake up later
See my kid more
No annoying people around me coming over for a chat
Can work earlier, finish later if I want
See mates/family easier with more time on hands

It’s perfect, although I like getting away from the house 1/2 days a week for the office

But looking back, it was awful leaving 6:30am for London, not back till 7pm.
Have shower, dinner , not see my kid and get ready for bed because I was knackered. F*ck knows how I did that 5 days a week.
I agree and anything that keeps people of the roads, gets a thumbs up from me

I find since working from home I actually work longer which is beneficial to the company and my wallet. Since there's no commute I have more time & I just leave the laptop on in case something comes in late. I also enjoy my 25 second commute from waking up to going downstairs. I do go into the office 1-2 days a week just to break it up a bit.
Working from home means offices are empty therefore no electricity or services are being used other things like pat testing on electric items is not done local shops that rely on people's footfall going bust transport companies not earning. Do those that work from home have insurance cover or is they home electric items pat tested. The benefits of people working from home in their onesy and doing the school run in office time don't benefit everyone. The economy needs people to go to work

Working from home means offices are empty therefore no electricity or services are being used other things like pat testing on electric items is not done local shops that rely on people's footfall going bust transport companies not earning. Do those that work from home have insurance cover or is they home electric items pat tested. The benefits of people working from home in their onesy and doing the school run in office time don't benefit everyone. The economy needs people to go to work
My economy doesn’t need me to travel to work. Working from home suits me. Times change, companies adapt. What used to rely on foot traffic now relies on web traffic. Also the money I save on travel…I can now spend at those companies that used to rely on foot traffic. More money in my pocket and less strain on the car and the wallet is always welcome. That being said I do work in an office. I understand that isn’t ideal for some jobs (construction etc).

But don't you think it would be a better app if you could read both sides opinions? On things
And from what I've read and seen this is what Musk wants to provide and for me I think that's good for free speech, even though I appreciate it's not proper free speech and will still be under rules and regs of the company
Stifling debate is one of the worst things people can allow to happen, it never ends well
You can read both sides' opinions.

You just can't violate the rules.

Same as bluemoon.

And effectively any other platform.

No platform is "stifling" anything.

If you use a platform you don't own, you obey the rules, or the platform owner can boot you.

You don't like the rules, don't use the platform.

I don't think it's very complicated personally.

You have free speech.

What you don't have is consequence-free speech.

You aren't going to get that most places, nor am I.

And that's good.

Last edited:
You can read both sides' opinions.

You just can't violate the rules.

Same as bluemoon.

And effectively any other platform.

No platform is "stifling" anything.

If you use a platform you don't own, you obey the rules, or the platform owner can boot you.

You don't like the rules, don't use the platform.

I don't think it's very complicated personally.

You have free speech.

What you don't have is consequence-free speech.

You aren't going to get that most places, nor am I.

And that's good.

never read such nonsense on here since someone suggested Petrov play left back.

algorithms and shadow banning on that platform ensure everyone gets only the side of the story they agree with. It’s literally embedded into twitters api.

Here’s an interesting fact I read about the ****.

if you were born in the year 80,000 BC and you saved $10,000 a day and never spent a cent, today you wouldn’t have as much money as he has.

He moans about paying tax. Why not send yourself to Mars you ****?

Does he moan about paying tax, or does he moan about government ineptitude at using taxes?

Different things.

Go read some Ayn Rand and gain an understanding as to why Musk and most billionaires dislike taxation.

My guess is you also dislike Bezos for similar reasons.

never read such nonsense on here since someone suggested Petrov play left back.

algorithms and shadow banning on that platform ensure everyone gets only the side of the story they agree with. It’s literally embedded into twitters api.
I liked Petrov but never would have suggested such a thing.

What does what you said have to do with what I wrote?

Is a single platform the be all and end all of all knowledge discoverable in the universe?

There’s consumption and then there’s creation. Speech is creation.

I liked Petrov but never would have suggested such a thing.

What does what you said have to do with what I wrote?

Is a single platform the be all and end all of all knowledge discoverable in the universe?

There’s consumption and then there’s creation. Speech is creation.

you said “no platform is stifling anything” and twitters algorithms are 100% stifling open discussion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.