Bernardo Silva contract situation

Barcelona probably think they can get him for the fee we said last summer was it 40m or something?

We should play hard ball set it at 120m only problem I see is Silva desperately wants to go and we promised him a move for a certain fee.

Well that would be just stupid of us and City generally aren't stupid..

Yes the weather can be rough but enough to make you not enjoy your life, really?
3 games a week, living far from home, the modern footballer is hugely rewarded but has a very tough life for me, the very top players work incredibly hard and are under huge pressure.

When you fling open your patio doors onto 4 acres of Cheshire countryside and walk from your open plan 6 bedroomed house it's different than living in a high rise in Manchester mate.

I'd say I would prefer that over mosquitoes and oppressive heat.
Funnily enough, I have an open plan 4 bedroom house in mid Wales, with 4 acres of garden that I'm sitting in at this very minute.

We're In a bit of a micro climate here, and when it's not passing down, it's mainly warm and sunny, like today.

Thanks to the brook that runs through our land, it can get a bit 'mosiquitoish' when it's hot.

I wouldn't swap it for anything, but if I was an elite footballer, I'd be off to Spain at the first chance.

Funnily enough, I have an open plan 4 bedroom house in mid Wales, with 4 acres of garden that I'm sitting in at this very minute.

We're In a bit of a micro climate here, and when it's not passing down, it's mainly warm and sunny, like today.

Thanks to the brook that runs through our land, it can get a bit 'mosiquitoish' when it's hot.

I wouldn't swap it for anything, but if I was an elite footballer, I'd be off to Spain at the first chance.
All I can say is posh bugger ;)

Enjoy it less yes. And when you have the choice to have the same means somewhere else and enjoy it more, then why wouldn't you?

Yes fully agree. No arguments there. Just don't follow the trail of thought on here, not that Bernardo has said this, that its difficult to enjoy your life here, particularly in his position.
Enjoy it less yes. And when you have the choice to have the same means somewhere else and enjoy it more, then why wouldn't you?

Very difficult player to replace for the short and medium term. Hopefully this is pointing towards a new deal.

3 games a week, living far from home, the modern footballer is hugely rewarded but has a very tough life for me, the very top players work incredibly hard and are under huge pressure.

In comparison to who exactly?

It is no coincidence that the top players, who are pretty much financially secure after one or two years at the top level, rather than walk away from their tough life try and to prolong it as long as possible.

They have a wonderful life and most freely admit it.

He's won everything with us bar the champions League and once you've done that I can see why foreign players want to move on for a new challenge. I'm born and bred in Manchester but even I can't think of much that would sell it as an attractive place to live lol.
Everyone talks as if foreign players were all dragged up in Monaco with silver spoons shoved in their mouths.
A lot of players have very humble beginnings.
Manchester is a great City, and the climate is pretty good (mild winters, cool summers). Not a bad place to play your chosen profession at the highest level.
Everything depends on the players temperament and attitude to life if they stick it, or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.