Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good old BBC highlighting the Daily Star’s criticism of England’s forwards, using Sterling as the scapegoat.

Attachments

• 97DA3F93-C3F5-4582-BE8E-969DB5C77D8E.jpeg
    97DA3F93-C3F5-4582-BE8E-969DB5C77D8E.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 94
I see Barney Rubble has had another Sportswash Rant - Really having a pop about us fans. Bless.
Our success must be hurting. Good. More please City.
Oh and Barney - Get back to the f*cking stone age where you belong.

Think that’s a pretty positive article all round to be fair.

Jack was probably one of the better players tonight, that isn't really a compliment. But the usual anti city agenda calls him out

I havent read the link to the mirror and I only half heartily watched England last night.

Thought Grealish was good Sterling ok.
I guess the mirror slam Maguire and the other centre back both awful and kept passing to Italy !

I thought most of the team was crap to be honest but Grealish was far from the worst on the pitch.

Welcome to Manchester jacky boy lol

If anyone doesn't like that article they must be pretty neurotic!

Great article spoilt by an unnecessary insertion;

"And while plenty of other teams have tried to spend their way to success over the same period, City’s superpower has been to set about elite level sport with the coherence of an overt political project, backed by bottomless reserves, extreme executive competence and a willingness to litigate"

1) There has been nothing overtly "political" about the City project. Any politics is an external construct projected onto the club by a section of the media according to their own political leanings, or because they have been paid to do so, simply to try to diminish the magnitude of what the club have done and continue to do.

2) We may have "bottomless reserves" but a) FFP has ensured that we can't use them and b) there is nothing whatsoever, to suggest that our ownership and management ever intended to use anything other than the funds required to make us self-sustainably profitable

3) As far as the "willingness to litigate" is concerned, it appears that Ronay thinks that we should have accepted UEFA' decision to ban us from the CL for 2 years and the PL's fishing exercise based on stolen and fabricated evidence, and at the instigation of our direct competitors, without question.

Think that’s a pretty positive article all round to be fair.
It may have been positive, but we shouldn't become blasé to things like this -

"City’s superpower has been to set about elite level sport with the coherence of an overt political project, backed by bottomless reserves, extreme executive competence and a willingness to litigate."

- lest we are seen to be accepting them.

This isn't an overt political project, if the sceptics are to be believed it may be a covert political project, but show me one message out of Abu Dhabi that would show overtness.

City don't have bottomless resources. Broadly speaking, we have the same amount we can invest in footballing activities as our competitors. Sure we can probably invest more in infrastructure than most. Tough.

What the hell is extreme about the competence levels of City executives? In comparison to the amateur hours at some other clubs, though, we are much better, of course.

And does he really believe City show a willingness to litigate?

Edit - basically, what was said a few posts ago. Damn.

Great article spoilt by an unnecessary insertion;

"And while plenty of other teams have tried to spend their way to success over the same period, City’s superpower has been to set about elite level sport with the coherence of an overt political project, backed by bottomless reserves, extreme executive competence and a willingness to litigate"

1) There has been nothing overtly "political" about the City project. Any politics is an external construct projected onto the club by a section of the media according to their own political leanings, or because they have been paid to do so, simply to try to diminish the magnitude of what the club have done and continue to do.

2) We may have "bottomless reserves" but a) FFP has ensured that we can't use them and b) there is nothing whatsoever, to suggest that our ownership and management ever intended to use anything other than the funds required to make us self-sustainably profitable

3) As far as the "willingness to litigate" is concerned, it appears that Ronay thinks that we should have accepted UEFA' decision to ban us from the CL for 2 years and the PL's fishing exercise based on stolen and fabricated evidence, and at the instigation of our direct competitors, without question.

Will just add my point about not accepting things like this, even in a positive article, otherwise we will seen to be accepting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.