Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if we are looking at him, it's with the idea that he can potentially cover 3 spots like Fern used to do. He can play the 6, he can play the 8 and he has played the CB for Leeds as well. He adds energy into the mix and obviously adds experience from the PL in there as well, but i don't think thats a good enough reason to put top money into him when you could probably get a better player without the English tax. It's been proven that players take at least a season to understand Pep, and that's true whether they're from the PL or abroad.

i dont think we do the whole official bid until everything is sorted and then we know what leeds wnat do we? I think things have changed from the good old days where you just bid for a player and kept bidding until it got too high or you came to an agreement?
Exactly - there would be informal negotiations and when we agreed on a number that would be submitted formally for them to accept. Unless we got close and they just chanced their arm as a negotiating tactic to get it across the line.

Sorry, what has he been found guilty of or charged with?
Nothing. But the fact that he still has an active investigation hanging over him doesn't look good.

I'm amazed Spurs are going near him. City (and other clubs, as I remember Liverpool being very keen at one point) are rightly steering well clear.

It is mate, but he needed convincing to move from his home town club, World Cup around the corner, not guaranteed football etc.

But I don’t personally see this one not happening now.

agreed mate, also gotta to take it as a positive he wants the challenge? Could have stayed at leeds, plodded on as he has but its good to hear he wants to challenge himself.

It's only worth it if they're good enough to come in and do the job, otherwise it can all blow up in a few games. Hopefully united will come in like they did with that carthorse Maguire
Hopefully we can get the player we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.