Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC saying it's an initial £64 million, "potentially" rising to £85m.
Now if he'd of signed for City,the BBC would be saying????????
If dippers were that confident in him they pay the £85M, add-ons are based on hope and nothing more.
He was being touted for Brighton 11 months ago for £35M so perhaps it's potential rather than the real deal.

I always try and find some positive in any bad situation...the bad situation being that we are starting to have this habit of finishing 2nd to you lot.
The positive being that City are a truly great team and so to get so close and to (in my view and taking the sort of spin that the Echo usually puts on things) push City to being even better...has to have some positives to it.
Yes it is galling to lose by a point again, but then, really is there any shame in coming 2nd to this City side by a point twice?
Just try harder!
I'm not sure that Haaland is a game changer, in the sense that you are already at the peak, but that he will make it evemn harder to keep up with you. I see Nunez as an attempt to try and keep up...the old line of going backwards if you dont strengthen. Whereas, with Mane going and possibly Salah, they have to do something.
Certainly going to be interesting, especially when you lob in a mid season WC.
Haaland will be a game changer. I am not sure how many city games you watch. We create 15+ attempts on goal each game. Over the season we had far too many games especially towards the end were we desperately needed a goal scorer. The league should have been won earlier. Missed chances against Real is another example. Also the two games against Liverpool we should have won.

Pep has the team collectively playing some unbelievable football but and it’s a big but…in the big games we have lacked a killer. Other fans and pundits only see the goals scored and think he won’t add much but they don’t see how many game we have laboured to get a result relying on midfielders who are not typical goal scorers.

Haaland will also see our defence go back to giving up less chances. We will be able to sit back in games that he has put us ahead instead of constantly chasing and playing high risk football resulting in 1 on 1 counter acttacks.

Erling will enable us to win games more comfortably. He should give us the edge in big games at decisive moments. Especially matches in the champions league where and it’s only my opinion the collective approach is not enough. We have missed that individual world class goal scorer.

All hypothetical, we need to wait and see how he settles in. No point downplaying his arrival. The rest of the league is fucked.

Last edited:
Like moths to a flame, the dipper hordes arrive en masse to the BBC HYS to throw the bingo card at us.
Funny thing is the subject matter is Nunez.
They are obsessed and envious in equal measure. It really hurts like fuck for them.
Good job they don’t care about us !!!!
I’d put the fecking lot of them on a sunshine bus but they would wreck it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.