Season Ticket Waiting List | Sold Out

On the contrary, they know exactly what they are
Well they'll have milked memberships before that window for all its worth. What their intentions are now with regards to their 'waiting list' is anyone's guess.
As its the main selling point of the membership if its not reintroduced they'd have to offer something else in addition. Maybe some matching y-fronts to go with the socks?!

There is a possibility of another window of opportunity for a lucky few sometime after the first direct debit payment is due on the 1st of July. Any season tickets that are not followed through will most likely go back on sale then, probably Silvers

I’ve had season ticket for 30 years. So was happy to receive email in may that I will qualify for concession as will be 65 the day our season starts. Then received email few weeks later to say it will be staying at £780 as they have cut off date of Aug 1 !! Even before the season starts. I contacted supporter services who confirmed that even though I will be oap when season starts,before our first game I have to pay full price for whole season. Obviously looking at cancelling and just buy tickets when I want at reduced price seems a bit daft .

Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed reply.

The issue I have is that I think the club have been very underhand in this as at no point have they said that Silver would be the only option for new members this summer. When it was announced it was seen as an option for people who for various reasons couldn't commit to a full SC. The reality is that new members that wanted the opportunity to buy a full SC have found out by Chinese Whispers that no Gold or Platinum options were offered for sale. To try to dress this up as the club offering cheaper tickets is disingenuous to say the least in my view.
I agree and also the Silver card is NOT a season ticket as there is no guarantee of tickets for every home game. So its a ticket bundle in advance (admittedly you can pay on DD but its still a ticket bundle) and there were people on the waiting list for several years who now found the only option was to buy an inferior season ticket that didn’t include the biggest games, despite there being these seats available as full seasoncards, by definition.

You can say what you like about times have changed etc but us full SC holders have the option to transfer games throughout the season (meaning quite a few Sc holders do not attend every match), and yet you now have a ‘tiered’ system within the seasoncard holders, with Silver cards the lowest.

What seems crazy is if there were only 1000 or so available, even if the club sell the 5 big games at £100 a ticket, they’ll make 500k. At least that should cover a couple of players’ wages for a week or two.

Has it been confirmed which matches will be included with a Silver ticket? I assume it will not include the likes of United, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, etc.?

It looks a good option, for those travelling distances, in some ways as most, if not all, of the matches excluded will be on TV. Also those matches are also the ones likely to be shunted to kickoff times at stupid O’Clock.

£100 a ticket? What on earth are you on about?

It’s not perfect by any means but it does seem to nail 2 big issues.

Tickets for matchday members on a game by game basis costing a fortune (you could get 14 games for £200 in SSL3)

People signing up for a season ticket for just the big games.

See how it affects attendances this season then take it from there.

I agree and also the Silver card is NOT a season ticket as there is no guarantee of tickets for every home game. So its a ticket bundle in advance (admittedly you can pay on DD but its still a ticket bundle) and there were people on the waiting list for several years who now found the only option was to buy an inferior season ticket that didn’t include the biggest games, despite there being these seats available as full seasoncards, by definition.

You can say what you like about times have changed etc but us full SC holders have the option to transfer games throughout the season (meaning quite a few Sc holders do not attend every match), and yet you now have a ‘tiered’ system within the seasoncard holders, with Silver cards the lowest.

What seems crazy is if there were only 1000 or so available, even if the club sell the 5 big games at £100 a ticket, they’ll make 500k. At least that should cover a couple of players’ wages for a week or two.
As an option for people for whom gold/platinum doesn't work - because you can't make every match - for whom value gold doesn't work - because you need to sit together - silver still has a lot of promise imo. If you're coming off a matchday membership and are sitting in a cheap area of the ground it's a bargain.

As a standalone option it's not right though, because by making silver standalone you are excluding people from big games who don't want to be excluded from big games, and if they are going to top up and buy those games, the savings are limited.

But for someone like me, who tends to find lower grade fixtures are good to take the kids - because they're never boring these days, they're either high scoring, or we get challenged, they get to see up-and-coming opposition players - it would have worked out fine, as I would've watched the 'big' games on Sky or City+ for the angles rather than atmosphere.

So I wouldn't like to see the Silvers scrapped - because it at least recognises the family audience in the way the value gold and matchday prices don't. But without the usual options alongside, I can see why for many it feels like a forced downgrade.

Last edited:
Has it been confirmed which matches will be included with a Silver ticket? I assume it will not include the likes of United, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, etc.?

It looks a good option, for those travelling distances, in some ways as most, if not all, of the matches excluded will be on TV. Also those matches are also the ones likely to be shunted to kickoff times at stupid O’Clock.
It has been confirmed.

All 10 games last year home and away were Saturday or Sunday. We had 8 games midweek at 745-815pm but none of the ESL clubs.

I wonder if they will do an ESL season bundle for £500 as @Del_Bosque suggests?

I’ve had season ticket for 30 years. So was happy to receive email in may that I will qualify for concession as will be 65 the day our season starts. Then received email few weeks later to say it will be staying at £780 as they have cut off date of Aug 1 !! Even before the season starts. I contacted supporter services who confirmed that even though I will be oap when season starts,before our first game I have to pay full price for whole season. Obviously looking at cancelling and just buy tickets when I want at reduced price seems a bit daft .
I was just about to ask a question on a similar basis
I am 64 and reach 65 at the end of November
I applied for a Silver ticket and as I would not be 65 until after 1 st August I accepted it would be full price this year
I was unsuccessful in getting a Silver one, quickly moving on so I am now going to have to get individual tickets.
I have looked at FAQ’s and it’s a bit unclear.
As I am a Citizen I assume that as with previous years all tickets for all matches will be available at the same time.
If I block buy certain tickets ASAP do I have to pay full price even if the game takes place after my 65th or will I get certain tickets at the OAP rate.
If not, is it worth waiting until after my Birthday to buy those that take place in December onwards or does the 65 by the 1st August cut off point apply to all individual matches to the end of the Season as it does for S-T holders.
Finally I don’t trust City with anything that relies on technology so will their data base automatically update my change to OAP status otherwise I can see it being a mare if there are tickets in my basket that cross two different age groups.

I'd have happily got one of the Silver seasoncards but would have preferred Gold. For me it's not so much about the opposition but the affordability of going to watch the club. I certainly don't consider a Silver 'shite'.
What's annoyed some is that it looked as though it would be an option to take up either Gold or Silver by the individual. The Silver only offering seemed a token gesture to pacify Cityzen members with the club constantly banging the drum about the membership being the only way of getting on a non-extistent waiting list. If there wasn't a window at all the membership numbers would take a hit.
The lack of clarity about what happens at the end of this season is also baffling with the Silver. If there were indeed individuals that downgraded from a Gold with the view to doing it for a season say and then going back to Gold could now potentially be off the table?! Bizarre.
The benefit of £5 off £60 EPL tickets means you'd have to spend £420 on 7 games to have broke even with the membership fee as there's clearly no waiting list. To me that doesn't represent good value. Others may disagree.
I totally agree with you Edghill. When one of the SC holders said I don’t know what your moaning about when a poster complained about being duped in to buying a Citizen card. His argument was attend 7 matches and you will get your £35 money back. Yeah! More like, spend £420 and you will feel much better that your £35 has not been wasted. Unbelievable smugness.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.