Season Ticket Waiting List | Sold Out

I was just about to ask a question on a similar basis
I am 64 and reach 65 at the end of November
I applied for a Silver ticket and as I would not be 65 until after 1 st August I accepted it would be full price this year
I was unsuccessful in getting a Silver one, quickly moving on so I am now going to have to get individual tickets.
I have looked at FAQ’s and it’s a bit unclear.
As I am a Citizen I assume that as with previous years all tickets for all matches will be available at the same time.
If I block buy certain tickets ASAP do I have to pay full price even if the game takes place after my 65th or will I get certain tickets at the OAP rate.
If not, is it worth waiting until after my Birthday to buy those that take place in December onwards or does the 65 by the 1st August cut off point apply to all individual matches to the end of the Season as it does for S-T holders.
Finally I don’t trust City with anything that relies on technology so will their data base automatically update my change to OAP status otherwise I can see it being a mare if there are tickets in my basket that cross two different age groups.
It seems to go off what age you are at the time you buy it online. I did it once but it was a while ago, bought online first as not to be charged a booking fee though, then rang them up once the ticket was secured.

It seems to go off what age you are at the time you buy it online. I did it once but it was a while ago, bought online first as not to be charged a booking fee though, then rang them up once the ticket was secured.
I thought it may be but there was an example on the FAQ saying when kids become adults they will be charged the price based on their age on the date of the match, not their age on the date when they buy ticket. Sounds like a cake and eat it when it suits the Club.

I thought it may be but there was an example on the FAQ saying when kids become adults they will be charged the price based on their age on the date of the match, not their age on the date when they buy ticket. Sounds like a cake and eat it when it suits the Club.
Benefited the other way round for kids becoming adults, if you are born in August you are 23 before you stop being charged as 21 or under, so it is consistent, they wait 43 years to get you back!

Benefited the other way round for kids becoming adults, if you are born in August you are 23 before you stop being charged as 21 or under, so it is consistent, they wait 43 years to get you back!
That’s fair doo’s. I just took the FAQ point literally and thought it’s a win win situation for the Club

£100 a ticket? What on earth are you on about?

It’s not perfect by any means but it does seem to nail 2 big issues.

Tickets for matchday members on a game by game basis costing a fortune (you could get 14 games for £200 in SSL3)

People signing up for a season ticket for just the big games.

See how it affects attendances this season then take it from there.
Well it's going to have almost zero effect as there were so few of them sold!

£100 a ticket? What on earth are you on about?

It’s not perfect by any means but it does seem to nail 2 big issues.

Tickets for matchday members on a game by game basis costing a fortune (you could get 14 games for £200 in SSL3)

People signing up for a season ticket for just the big games.

See how it affects attendances this season then take it from there.
I’m saying that even if they wanted to charge ridiculous prices for match day sales, even if it went up to £100 or even £200 it still peanuts for them! So what really was the idea behind this?

I don’t believe that there’s that many people buy season tickets just to attend big games. Most of our SC holders have been so for many years - the reason for some missing games is surely mainly due to the absence of any regularity to KO times or match days in recent years, due to our increased success with almost every game on TV. Same as at any of the other big clubs. Obviously some pick and choose games also, but that must be a minority.

I can see that the Silver might offer a solution to those issues you mention, but given the club resell Ticket Exchange tickets at full price anyway where SC holders have given them up for sale, what really is the point of creating an inferior SC? They went in 10 minutes so the demand is obviously there for those on the ‘waiting list’, they should have just released whatever seats were available this year as full Gold/platinum SCs and made it fairer for those who have been waiting for several years.

I’m saying that even if they wanted to charge ridiculous prices for match day sales, even if it went up to £100 or even £200 it still peanuts for them! So what really was the idea behind this?

I don’t believe that there’s that many people buy season tickets just to attend big games. Most of our SC holders have been so for many years - the reason for some missing games is surely mainly due to the absence of any regularity to KO times or match days in recent years, due to our increased success with almost every game on TV. Same as at any of the other big clubs. Obviously some pick and choose games also, but that must be a minority.

I can see that the Silver might offer a solution to those issues you mention, but given the club resell Ticket Exchange tickets at full price anyway where SC holders have given them up for sale, what really is the point of creating an inferior SC? They went in 10 minutes so the demand is obviously there for those on the ‘waiting list’, they should have just released whatever seats were available this year as full Gold/platinum SCs and made it fairer for those who have been waiting for several years.
The Club’s admin would have wanted enough tickets to go on sale for the “big five games” to Cityzen’s to justify their membership. Posters just looking at the money raised from between 500 and 1,000 tickets times 5 games are missing the point.

I’m neither for or or against the Silver Cards but a lot of people just seen to come on here to moan about “the Club”

Not according to their website. I’m not saying I didn’t believe him but I thought I’d check it out in case he was mistaken. According to this even adults only pay £9 in this main stand upper.

5e4053515c9c92ffc09dd1cb58240dec.jpg
Should be the same price for the back few rows in the away end n'all.

I had a season ticket for about 10 years but moved up to the North-East. Kept it for two seasons after that, but getting to the stadium up Ashton New Road is a whole different prospect to navigating the M1/M62 in the rush hour, so midweeks against the likes of Wigan would suffer.
Let's sort out a mini bus, there's 2 of us already for starters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.