It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Could you actually see Sterling going to Chelsea? I always thought it was more likely that he'd run his contract down and go to Spain if there was interest from Barca or Madrid. I suppose a return to London could be a big factor.

I thought that to but looking at how ruthless Madrid fans are Sterling be another Bale think him going back to London he might fancy..

Barca mouthpieces trying to put pressure on United. City aren't in for FDJ at all. They aren't even open to selling Bernardo unless their valuation is met which I guess is stating the obvious.

I didn't want Bernie to go last summer but was more "relaxed" about it than I am now. But he is coming off a very different season.

If he does go, we won't replace like for like as we can't; just as we couldn't with Ya Ya etc. We can bring in a top quality player though and Pep will adapt. In fact, the basic formula will need another tweak next season with the arrival of Erling; Alvarez role could also be interesting.

My take on all this is

Phillips is coming to replace Ferna, non negotiable.

Jesus is leaving and has been replaced by Haaland/Alvarez

They are going to try and sign Cucurella if he does come Zin may go.

Sterling they want to keep him, but would accept £60m this summer.

Bernardo Barca want him City don’t want to sell.

If Sterling or Bernardo left we’d need direct replacements, but I just don’t see them as available this summer at all. De Jong is nowhere near Bernardos level and there are no pacey direct wingers on the market.

Bernardo is the engine of our midfield and should be kept at all costs.

Why would Pep want to get rid of Zinchenko? Is he not close to the epitome of a 'Pep player'?

I'd be just as gutted to see him go as I am Gabby.

Why would a better keeper than steffen want to be a 2nd in our team, where he can play as starter elsewhere.

Sometimes fans asking the impossible wanting a world class keeper to be a backup is not realistic.
Not sure where I mentioned a world class keeper as back up. Just better than steffen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.