It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Totally agree...its the only leverage we have...I find it amazing that many of the same people saying we get fleeced when selling, which is a total myth, are OK with a top player in his prime leaving on a free...of course this doesn't apply to DS, Kun, Kompany, or now Dinho as the circumstances are completely different...it would set a terrible precedent and I can't see how its good for business...I'll use Rudiger as an example...Chelsea let him run his contract down with the belief that maybe he'll stay or at least he'll help us this season...well he's gone, Chelsea won fuck all, and got nothing in return...Sterling is a valuable asset at this moment so there are three options IMO...he re signs now, he moves now, or he's made to understand that if he doesn't renew or agree to go then he can expect a whole lot of bench time...him purposely running down his contract is a fuck you to the club no matter how you spin it...my loyalties and interests are with City, not with the interests of any single player if its detrimental to the club...so if his plan is to fuck us next Summer I'm perfectly OK with City fucking him first by leveraging his playing time...

Has the club ever benched a player to send a message? There are numerous solid reasons why that is a god awful idea.

If both Sterling and Jesus leave we'll have replaced our two biggest wasters of chances with two absolute killers in front of goal. Of course theres much more to both Jesus and Sterling than the chances they've missed and they've both been great servants to the club, but part of me would be happy to not have to worry about a Lyon miss happening again.

He can play on the right of a front three, like Sterling. You don’t have to be a like for like player to be a replacement.
Would be stupid not to have a right footed right wing option - especially with Haaland coming in.
And palmers lack of experience alone means he isn’t even a direct replacement for Sterling no matter what

We really need a RW

Got 4 players who can cover there but not 1 who is right footed.

Walker sits back and covers the counter all the time as well

Di Marzio isn’t particularly reliable these days. Chelsea haven’t even contacted City so not sure where they’re getting their confidence from.

A lot of games being played this summer. They’ve been balls deep for Dembele on a free for a while. He has to take a pay cut to stay at Barca. Suspect a lot of what we’re seeing are people negotiating contracts whilst trying to put pressure on the deals.

Barca are increasingly confident Dembele will stay. Due to their new “funds” Laporta is taking out another loan as well. Also trying to sell the nou camps naming right. Their actually a mess

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.