It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Jesus and Sterling are both yet to officially reject their contract offers, but City are expecting that will be the case. Sources close to the club indicate that while they will look to sell, it will be on their terms - any ideas that either player will be available on bargain deals have been dispelled by the Premier League champions.

We won’t be winning four trophies or the 2 main ones with two academy players replacing established seasoned winning international players
These young player have barely played any first team games yet
Palmer and McAtee can be filtered in and play more next season maybe 15/20 games they deserve a chance but expecting them to replace Jesus and Sterling in a title chasing team I can’t understand that logic
Furthermore it remains to be seen how Alvarez settles and adapts

We are over-stocked with wingers though. It was fine last year when many of them had to fill in at CF, but Haaland is gonna play the vast majority of games and Alvarez will fill in when he doesn’t.

That leaves 2 positions in the 11 where we already have Foden, Mahrez and Grealish battling for a regular place, there’s no chance we are buying 2 more seasoned pros to sit on the bench most weeks. Like it or not I think we replaced Raheem last summer and Alvarez is coming in to take Jesus’ place as a back up CF.

Pressure is on Foden, Grealish and the new lads to step up but let’s not suggest city are fucking up the squad. We had 3 first team wingers in 18/19 and won 3 out of 4 trophies.

We won’t be winning four trophies or the 2 main ones with two academy players replacing established seasoned winning international players
These young player have barely played any first team games yet
Palmer and McAtee can be filtered in and play more next season maybe 15/20 games they deserve a chance but expecting them to replace Jesus and Sterling in a title chasing team I can’t understand that logic
Furthermore it remains to be seen how Alvarez settles and adapts

May as well give up now then.

How would that work? Are you suggesting we bring in two new first team wingers. We’ve brought in two strikers. We’d have too many wingers competing for one or two spots.

Jesus and Sterling are both yet to officially reject their contract offers, but City are expecting that will be the case. Sources close to the club indicate that while they will look to sell, it will be on their terms - any ideas that either player will be available on bargain deals have been dispelled by the Premier League champions.

With it being a World Cup year we hold some of the cards, and with it we can demand larger than normal fees, especially if we’re selling domestically, both will want minutes & with it being in November they’ll need to be established somewhere & playing regularly by then, I’m expecting them both to push for quick deals & for us to respond accordingly

I don't think McAtee and Palmer are replacing Jesus and Sterling; Haaland and Alvarez are replacing those two outgoing players. We are still going to have Grealish, Mahrez, Foden, Alvarez and Palmer who can play in the wide positions. Considering our biggest "weakness" last year was being clinical, my personal opinion is that the squad in attacking areas looks stronger for next season.

It's slightly disheartening that sensible posts like this are the exception rather than the norm.

We've got £100m in fee's coming in and 500k going off the wage bill, just in the RW position.

Palmers been out since Jan and only has 120 mins of PL football under his belt.

We should 100% be signing someone.

18/19 arguably our best ever season we had 4 wingers Raz, Sane, Mahrez, Bernardo and 2 strikers Jesus and Aguero

Why sell ourselves short when the money is there, it does nobody any good in the bank.

Last year was rubbish with the rumours, this year looks to get worse. Actual exits as opposed to rumoured will be way less.

I can see maybe 1 more name after Jesus leaving, that name being either Bernardo or Sterling if a club brings right money.

We've got £100m in fee's coming in and 500k going off the wage bill, just in the RW position.

Palmers been out since Jan and only has 120 mins of PL football under his belt.

We should 100% be signing someone.

18/19 arguably our best ever season we had 4 wingers Raz, Sane, Mahrez, Bernardo and 2 strikers Jesus and Aguero

Why sell ourselves short when the money is there, it does nobody any good in the bank.

agreed mate and its the time to really push on ahead of the dippers as they are done already with incomings? Our most important transfer is of course already done but we could really nail an evolution in the squad this summer if gabby and sterling go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.