It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I wasn’t one that didn’t concern me at all
Maybe you’re wrong
People can have a different option
I think Sterling is a great player
You may not do
Each to their own
I think he's a great player,I'd like him to stay and extend,but I also think there is nobody better at planning what we need , know which players are ready and working and coaching whatever squad he has than Pep. So whatever the squad ,whatever system we use at the start of next seaosn I'm confident we'll be good enough to fight for and probably win the league again.

2 Not at all
Im saying I would like us to convince Sterling to stay if he doesn’t want to
we cut the best deal possible
We then replace him ( I can’t understand all the Sterling bashing ..he isn’t shite )
Mahrez is much older and has one year left
Palmer McAtee and to some degree Alvarez are untested (would you prefer any of those to Sterling playing against Madrid or Liverpool in a Semi at this stage in their careers
I am happy for players to go and be replaced I prefer young hungry players personally
Jesus goes that’s fine I understand he wants to play more
I would keep/replace Sterling
Filter in Alvarez Palmer and McAtee
If Alvarez is brilliant he can become a regular next year
I do however trust the club
Yes I would prefer anyone ahead of Sterling in any big game. He is an absolute bottle job.

I think for us he's never scored in the derby, has scored twice against Liverpool (the 4-1 win at Anfield when they were in disarray and the game at ours after they had already won the league).

As for the quarter/semi/final of the CL I think he has only scored against Spurs.

Personally I would start anyone else because they will offer at least something as opposed to the classic Sterling performance.

I think he's a great player,I'd like him to stay and extend,but I also think there is nobody better at planning what we need , know which players are ready and working and coaching whatever squad he has than Pep. So whatever the squad ,whatever system we use at the start of next seaosn I'm confident we'll be good enough to fight for and probably win the league again.
Absolutely this

Well we wouldn't leave ourselves short, not leaving ourselves short may look different to your not leaving ourselves short, or it may not.Because even without Jesus and Sterling we'll have 4 wide players 2 strikers, only Pep and his coaches know how ready Palmer is.Not to mention we'll be able to field proper overlapping full backs if we want
We'll probably be just fine though because we are run by people that know what they are doing.

we left ourselves short at CF for 2 years, DM for 2 years, center back for a season and left back for 9 seasons.

We will sign a RW it just won’t be this summer they’ll wait.

It’s akin to driving a long journey and only putting enough fuel in to just about get you there and keeping the £60 in your wallet rather than filling up, even if you’ll just have to do it later on (next season) anyway.

Whats the point.

Yes I would prefer anyone ahead of Sterling in any big game. He is an absolute bottle job.

I think for us he's never scored in the derby, has scored twice against Liverpool (the 4-1 win at Anfield when they were in disarray and the game at ours after they had already won the league).

As for the quarter/semi/final of the CL I think he has only scored against Spurs.

Personally I would start anyone else because they will offer at least something as opposed to the classic Sterling performance.
Fair enough that’s your view
Look at his stats goals/assists ...incredible incredible (see what I did there :) )
Look at the vital goals he scored he almost won us the league on his own one year
I remember the goal at home against Southampton....class
I remember the work rate and the fact he hasn’t caused any trouble
I remember the numerous times he scored the crucial first goal to break down defensive teams
I remember a player that is rarely injured or rarely hides despite all the abuse he gets
Some from even his so called own fans
If he wants to go I will wish him well and remember a City legend

Correct, they’ll be eased in over time like Foden,some posters on here are just clueless, you don’t replace the goals and talent of two proven seasoned quality players with potential not matter how promising they are
Sometimes it does happen though. No one is saying Palmer and McAtee should be full on starters but surely if Sterling was to leave, its not out of the realms of possibility for Palmer to share the burden with Mahrez and Alvarez. Don't see what is deluded about that. We could lose Sterling and buy Nkunku for £100m and there is no more a guarantee that he'd be a success. People keep saying Sign Felix if we lose Bernardo or Sterling, he went to Ath. Madrid and has been nothing spectacular. At least the academy lads have been brought up knowing the style of play our manager wants, and are used to the culture of the club and environment.

Dembele on a free from Barcelona if both Sterling and Jesus go ? Can play on the left and right and is 2 footed.
Admittedly question marks about his injury record and attitude but could be an option as there is not that many pacy wingers out there at the moment, relatively low risk high reward . What do fellow blues think ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.