Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but that analogy doesn’t hold up here.

We let Kompany leave without a replacement.

We let Aguero leave without a replacement.

We let Torres go mid season with no squad replacement.

It’s not like we always buy like for like when a player moves on.

We have replaced them all just a window or 2 later than we should have.

The Kompany delay cost us in the league and the Aguero one in the CL

Problem with that is, Tuchel would need to change the formation from a back 3 to a back 4 to fit in Mount, Havertz, Sterling and one other player, say Dembele. I'd personally welcome it but I don't think this is happening.

So if we have Sterling, Dembele, Mount and Havertz, one of them is sitting on the bench. And that's before we get to CHO, Pulisic, Werner and Ziyech some of whom will surely have to be moved on.

It's a weird situation to be in, not knowing exactly what the team will look like next season. I think the biggest indicator of the formation change a lot of us want is if we sign Declan Rice. With him, I think we can transition into a back 4, and probably not need to sign 2 CB's since there would be 1 less CB positions to fill.
Strange to say that for a team that has a monster defending from the midfield (Kante).

Problem with that is, Tuchel would need to change the formation from a back 3 to a back 4 to fit in Mount, Havertz, Sterling and one other player, say Dembele. I'd personally welcome it but I don't think this is happening.

So if we have Sterling, Dembele, Mount and Havertz, one of them is sitting on the bench. And that's before we get to CHO, Pulisic, Werner and Ziyech some of whom will surely have to be moved on.

It's a weird situation to be in, not knowing exactly what the team will look like next season. I think the biggest indicator of the formation change a lot of us want is if we sign Declan Rice. With him, I think we can transition into a back 4, and probably not need to sign 2 CB's since there would be 1 less CB positions to fill.
Mount not able to play in the middle of a 343?

Be interesting to see how they go. Dont think Sterling will move personally.

Strange to say that for a team that has a monster defending from the midfield (Kante).

Kante is not a sitting DM. He's kind of a box to box guy if you think about it. His game is basically to harass opponents all over the pitch. Rice would be the sitting DM we need who is also capable of doing box to box stuff when needed. That's how I see it at least.

Mount not able to play in the middle of a 343?

Be interesting to see how they go. Dont think Sterling will move personally.

I don't think he can. He's not a CM like Kovacic. He's an 8. Putting him in the pivot would be setting him up to fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.