Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing I did not like was if Jesus end to the season was a shop window come and buy me ?

That form in the run in is what we want from him every week when he puts a city shirt on because we know he is a world-class player, if he played like that from the beginning of pep as manager we would be not talking about a move, we have seen some shocking displays by Jesus over the years and even hiding, not wanting the ball, just going through the motions, spit his dummy out stuff ? But we have also seen magic and won us games like in the run,

somebody going to get a good deal ? But could also get a box of frogs if you don't play him
That's nonsense.Occasionally his performances haven't produced but they are the exception rather than rule and he never gives less than his best.
Gabby needs consistency,something he can never have here.

Was unpleasant to go through it but actually prefer those sorts of gaps at the end. Love the 'if we'd won one more game' or 'if you'd dropped points against'. Yep, and if my auntie had balls.
My favourite is ‘if only that handball had been given against Rodri at Everton’. Their ability to reduce a season to one incident in one game is hilarious.

I think the nearly sold nostalgia is reaching dangerous levels. He had eight league goals last season, four of them were against relegated Watford. He couldn't decide if he wanted to play on the wing or through the middle.

I don't think he's a killer in front of goal and we've signed THE killer in front of goal. The missed 1v1 vs Liverpool in the FA Cup is a perfect example. To be a top striker you need to be banging that in 8 out of 10 times and with Jesus it always felt like a 3 out of 10 chance.

We didn’t ‘give them a sniff’ they lost 2 games and got 92 points!

Exactly my point, we probably can’t afford to drop many points again this season, we need as many of our best players as possible given how many games we play, and the fact Liverpool players almost never get injured.

Losing Jesus and Sterling and not replacing them with similar or even better is a huge risk and a mistake in my opinion.

Exactly my point, we probably can’t afford to drop many points again this season, we need as many of our best players as possible given how many games we play, and the fact Liverpool players almost never get injured.

Losing Jesus and Sterling and not replacing them with similar or even better is a huge risk and a mistake in my opinion.
Sterling ,I don't know if he'll go and if we'll replace him if he does. Otherwise we've replaced Torres and Jesus in the forward line with Haaland and Alvarez. However Alvarez turns out thats still a huge upgrade on the squad of the last 2 seasons.
I think even if we used Palmer to replace Sterling it would still be stronger, though I'd prefer Sterling stayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.