Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still a £40m deal in total as it's £45m their way and £5m ours.

Again, I'm often yelling others not to bother about the fee but I can't deny for the quality, imo, its a bit high this time.
In the same park as Ake, experienced prem player with international experience. The selling club don't want to lose them and you just have to pay a few million to secure it. 40/45 is the new 30!

Under bielsa he was brilliant. That's when he started playing for England. After bielsa left his form tanked.

I am pinning my beliefs in him on that. Because when I've seen him lately he's been headless chicken style, wandering about and not providing a let out for his team.

Maybe because he's a mixed race English midfielder?

If you have't seen any stats or facts here are a couple of comparisons:

Jack Rodwell played a career total of 3 England caps.
Kalvin Phillips is 26 and started every game (7) on route to the European Championship final. Total caps at 26: 23.

Jack Rodwell never recieved an individual award.
Kalvin Phillips was in the Championship team of the year in both 2019 and 2020 and won England player of the year in 2021.

Jack Rodwell had just come off a season where he played 17 games in all competitions.
Kalvin Phillips has just come off his worst injury hit season and played 23 games.

Jack Rodwell was a budget option bought under the shadow of (the newly formed) FFP and as a cheap backup player to essentially replace Owen Hargreaves, a man who played just 4 times for the club.
Kalvin Phillips has been selected, in a window in which we have so much freedom, as a first choice target to replace Fernandinho, a club legend with 33 appearances last season at the age of 37.
Cheers Mr Phillips
;)

Reactions: kun
Southgate must be loving it. It's gonna be like the womens international team soon.

Walker, Stones, Phillips, Grealish and Foden (and Stirling) all playing and training together every week.

I am delighted we have signed another DM as it was definitely an area we needed to reinforce.

i confess I’m a bit baffled why a full international would choose to come in as back up to Rodri.

I’m assuming they will share starting duties and occasionally we will start with both of them.

Now, get a left back signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.