Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not just a backup for Rodri. He can play the RM position in a bit more advanced position pretty well as he showed with England when playing with Rice. He can play the Bernardo role fairly well against most teams (pretty much every team in the Prem besides Liverpool and Chelsea in my opinion).

He seems like a great addition to the locker room as well which is very important to City according to Soriano.

I am hoping Pep would play both Phillips and Rodri together. The two will relieve De Bruyne and Haaland of some of their defensive responsibilities.

I am hoping Pep would play both Phillips and Rodri together. The two will relieve De Bruyne and Haaland of some of their defensive responsibilities.

Can see that away from home against the likes of the dippers, spurs, maybe the arse and later in the champions league against the big boys

I hope personally that Phillips gets good game time in the cups, certain premiership games as well as champions league football. I’m not talking purely off sentiment but I like his story and he deserves a shot.
What I would say is we have spent probably £10-£15m too much based on his recent injury record and City tax, balancing act and required with Ferna going but could we have poked around Bellingham and then potentially made a move next summer, I just hope whatever happens he doesn’t end up with the dippers.

One of my best pals is a Leeds fan (I know its hard to trust them) but he's adamant he is absolutely top level and will be a key player.

I was a fan of Delph and brought him up but he says the Yorkshire pudding is completely next level.

Let's hope so blues

I think it’ll be good to see him in a completely different system whereby he has a lot more of the ball and less pressure to defend. Hopefully it’ll also help his England game and an added bonus of a few less injuries having to dive in and make so many last ditch tackles.

Absolute steal. Remember Fernandinho was practically unknown and a similar age when we signed him 10 years ago for 10m less, compare to today’s market and especially English tax. Prem proven too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.