Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately City’s winning path in ten to fifteen years time will mirror exactly the same sort of Gloryhunting support you despise so much about United’s and Liverpool’ nothing can prevent that if a club becomes a global success which City are far along the road of becoming now.
I think the other thing about this global Club is at one time Clubs were owned by your local businessman or maybe a very rich man who happend to support your Club.. this is still the case in the lower leagues.. however once SKY was introduced it attracted blue chip mega global conglomerates who seen how much money was involved in the English game and wanted a piece of the pie.. that’s why you have owners like FSG.. Big Stan Kronke at Arsenal and the Glaziers.. these people don’t even understand football never mind like or love the clubs they own.. what happens then is decisions to the football club are made in a business way rather than a footballing way and that’s where we are now where they would rather have tourist day tripper fans in the stadium spending money rather than a local from Walton or Ancotes.. a player will be bought from Korea or Japan not because he’s good but because they will market him in those countries.. fans still think they are supporting a football club when really they are just supporting a business or franchise.. we are no longer fans or supports just customers.. where I am in Liverpool if I gave up my season ticket in protest I would be replaced by the few hundred thousand from all over the world from the global brand who wanted one so you could never win.
Our current owner has done more for the club and the City of Manchester community than any previous owners many of whom were total crooks. It doesn't matter where the owners come from. Please don't compare Sheikh Mansour with FSG and the Glazers. A large chunk of East Manchester has been transformed under our new owner. He has also invested millions in the Housing, Education, and Tech sectors. Manchester (like Liverpool) has been shafted by our London Government for decades but foreign investment in general has been fantastic for the city. CFG are currently building Europe's biggest indoor arena thanks to investment including some from the US and China. As far as I can see FSG have done nothing for the community in Anfield.

I love rawk! ...from son of spion over at nutter central

It's down to jealousy. Sadly, we live in a country that is steeped in jealousy and envy. A country that relishes and lauds failure as somehow glorious, whilst sniping at winners. It's the English way.

They see us as outsiders because we don't embrace their archaic, toxic ways. We work hard to win and, when we do, we celebrate it the way it should be celebrated. With fun and humour. Those outside of it hate seeing it. They wish it was them but, because it isn't, they pour scorn instead.

Personally, I'm happy to be disliked by those people. I don't want their approval or their respect, because I don't respect them or their negative, insular outlook.

If we win, they hurt. That's good enough for me. Not because I like other people hurting as such, but because I believe people should reap what they sow.

Abu Dhabi? Well they have no identity, they don't know how to celebrate and enjoy anything. They get about a thousand miserable faces at their parades and their trophies and parades are forgotten about the next day. No one really notices them or cares. In contrast, we are not only noticed, but actively obsessed over by most of the country. We live in the heads of most of English football. We are hot topic all year round. Our success hurts the bitter, the small-minded, the envious, the jealous and those who hate real winners in life. Sadly, this country is choc-full of such sour people. It's ingrained into the English psyche. Therefore, a club like ours, with a fanbase like ours, will attract the ire of that kind of person.

I learned years ago that in life it's better to be disliked for what you are, than be liked for something you're not. So, I say fuck the rest, and their self-harming fetish for seeing sportswashers killing the game they say they love. We are who and what we are. We celebrate what we win, and when we win we win legitimately. Abu Dhabi can say none of those things. The bitter, the sour, the envious and the jealous can just get on being consumed by their own bile and negativity

It's down to jealousy. Sadly, we live in a country that is steeped in jealousy and envy. A country that relishes and lauds failure as somehow glorious, whilst sniping at winners. It's the English way.

They see us as outsiders because we don't embrace their archaic, toxic ways. We work hard to win and, when we do, we celebrate it the way it should be celebrated. With fun and humour. Those outside of it hate seeing it. They wish it was them but, because it isn't, they pour scorn instead.

Personally, I'm happy to be disliked by those people. I don't want their approval or their respect, because I don't respect them or their negative, insular outlook.

If we win, they hurt. That's good enough for me. Not because I like other people hurting as such, but because I believe people should reap what they sow.

Abu Dhabi? Well they have no identity, they don't know how to celebrate and enjoy anything. They get about a thousand miserable faces at their parades and their trophies and parades are forgotten about the next day. No one really notices them or cares. In contrast, we are not only noticed, but actively obsessed over by most of the country. We live in the heads of most of English football. We are hot topic all year round. Our success hurts the bitter, the small-minded, the envious, the jealous and those who hate real winners in life. Sadly, this country is choc-full of such sour people. It's ingrained into the English psyche. Therefore, a club like ours, with a fanbase like ours, will attract the ire of that kind of person.

I learned years ago that in life it's better to be disliked for what you are, than be liked for something you're not. So, I say fuck the rest, and their self-harming fetish for seeing sportswashers killing the game they say they love. We are who and what we are. We celebrate what we win, and when we win we win legitimately. Abu Dhabi can say none of those things. The bitter, the sour, the envious and the jealous can just get on being consumed by their own bile and negativity
Bitter second placer.

Our current owner has done more for the club and the City of Manchester community than any previous owners many of whom were total crooks. It doesn't matter where the owners come from. Please don't compare Sheikh Mansour with FSG and the Glazers. A large chunk of East Manchester has been transformed under our new owner. He has also invested millions in the Housing, Education, and Tech sectors. Manchester (like Liverpool) has been shafted by our London Government for decades but foreign investment in general has been fantastic for the city. CFG are currently building Europe's biggest indoor arena thanks to investment including some from the US and China. As far as I can see FSG have done nothing for the community in Anfield.
This encapsulates the difference between American capaitalists seeking to exploit the chancer ROI opportunity of English football clubs in the same way as sport in the USA. They seek to change the business model to suit the return on their investment where the capital comes from a third party or worse the club itself, so minimal risk.

They are threatened by the CFG approach that reinvests profit in growth and expansion beyond the football club, rather than borrowed money to fund a guarranteed closed shop to extract a maximum return. Investment by owners of USA business is never mentioned yet ownership by UAE and similar comes under forensic scutiny.

Strangely Manchester City and CFG are deemed to be anti competitive in the media whilst those supporting closed shop cartels and especially loaded debt buyouts, getting carte blanche. Who is paying the piper to publish this stuff?

For me the City of Liverpool is a fantastic place just like Manchester, some of the locals are often great too, the salt of the earth

The only thing that ruins the whole City for me is Liverpool fans... The sad thing is that the two are inextricably linked

Years ago (before we became a major threat to their chances of success) we were friends, we shared many similarities but now they just hate what we stand for.. They feel a huge sense of entitlement and one club is stopping them from getting back to the glory days, little old City

The best way to enjoy the City of Liverpool is to visit in the day time, take it in the majesty of the place for what it is, then leave... No football talk, no colours, no problems

That Son of Spion character is one of the bitterest tramps on there

This encapsulates the difference between American capaitalists seeking to exploit the chancer ROI opportunity of English football clubs in the same way as sport in the USA. They seek to change the business model to suit the return on their investment where the capital comes from a third party or worse the club itself, so minimal risk.

They are threatened by the CFG approach that reinvests profit in growth and expansion beyond the football club, rather than borrowed money to fund a guarranteed closed shop to extract a maximum return. Investment by owners of USA business is never mentioned yet ownership by UAE and similar comes under forensic scutiny.

Strangely Manchester City and CFG are deemed to be anti competitive in the media whilst those supporting closed shop cartels and especially loaded debt buyouts, getting carte blanche. Who is paying the piper to publish this stuff?
City are an easy target. Smaller fan base than Liverpøøl or the rags, best for the press to not take shots at those 2, especially the Wall Pushers, they don’t take any hint of criticism well. Plus our owners are dark skinned and Muslim, but that’s an irrelevance probably.

City are an easy target. Smaller fan base than Liverpøøl or the rags, best for the press to not take shots at those 2, especially the Wall Pushers, they don’t take any hint of criticism well. Plus our owners are dark skinned and Muslim, but that’s an irrelevance probably.
Some truth in that interest in Manchester City globally seems to have overtaken that of our rivals you mentioned which is more important than any alleged comparative fanbase to tv and commercial exposure.

Fan base is less relavant than interest as there are so many more clubs. Shirt sales are only comparative so irrelevant as are many other quoted measures.

Yes I have already agreed about City owners being totally different to the likes of FSG and the Glaziers... my question is what can you do about having success and stopping gloryhunters jumping on your bandwagon which in time loses your Club it’s traditions and identity like what’s happend to United.. Liverpool and Chelsea...

Just interested to hear especially from your older fans who remember Maine Road etc how they feel about the imminent loss of the Club they once knew and supported because believe me it does change to the point it can feel it’s no longer your own... maybe I have it wrong and identity and tradition are no longer important to a football club... home fans visiting the United.. Liverpool and Chelsea franchises is like a trip to Disneyland, you get funny looks if your not carrying a camera, it’s seen as an occasion rather than your duty to support your local club like yesteryear..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.