Bluemoon Angling Thread

Exactly what my salmon-fishing mate said about them. Just between us, he did run a fly over them without success. But we did see quite a few clearly. If you heard a splash, you could look at the spot where they came up and often they'd leap again seconds later in the same place giving you a clear view.
Yep mate, sounds typical resident behaviour, that repeating sideways sploshing is a giveaway.
If they were top and tailing when entering a pool it would be a different kettle of frogs!

Tbh I don't get s lot of fun out of catching the barbel out of our beat... only us salmon boys can fish for them till October 17th , and its a bit of a doddle!

Yep mate, sounds typical resident behaviour, that repeating sideways sploshing is a giveaway.
If they were top and tailing when entering a pool it would be a different kettle of frogs!

Tbh I don't get s lot of fun out of catching the barbel out of our beat... only us salmon boys can fish for them till October 17th , and its a bit of a doddle!
Bit of a doddle? Piece of piss mate. I had 12 in an hour in the baking sun from your beat!

This is Noggsy's safe space. Safe from anything resembling a fish. The swim I made the other day.
You'd be embarrassed for me if you could see my antics today not least of which is forgetting my hooks. So I'm reduced to using a rusty size 10, scratched from the bottom of my box, with maggot. Now it's raining and guess what I didn't bring.....20220630_135541.jpg

Well, Coldingham was on fire today. The loch is so clear now you would think it would make dry fly difficult. Well yes and no. It wasn’t easy, the trick was in the presentation. if you could see any trace of your leader so could the trout and all you would get was a half hearted swirl at the fly. So a lot of time spent on degreasing leaders and making sure there was no shine or reflection. Putting a tiny buzzer between the dries helped sink the leader so that there were no tell tail silouette In the water film.

get it right though and the sport was frantic. Landed 10, lost 6 to smash takes and double hook ups. Most fish took a daddy but a very small black f fly also worked.

brilliant day.

Just had a belting day on our club water with my youngest lad. Last 3 or 4 times fishing for carp on separate pegs we've both blanked and not had chance for a chat, so today I said sod it, got half a pint of maggots . Both on a double peg together, little float rods out. Pulled out 26 fish each, mostly perch. I had a few roach and a lovely small carp. Got some carribean food from across the road for tea and cracked on until about 9:00 pm. Top day bonding with my son who has just finished his GCSE'S. I'm knackered and happy.

C660-EB7-A-3-C77-480-A-9-F83-2606-B925-DEC6.jpg

Couple of baby moose showed up today

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.