It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

So essentially the same as this season. He gets a game if we draw a shit enough opponent in the cups?

Not sure that will make him ready to play PL football.
If we get Premier League opposition in the cups then that is a start (similar on how the likes of Cole Palmer and Phil Foden got their breaks). It was Pep who converted Fernandinho into an accomplished Centre Back so there maybe a player who could comfortably take up the position if required.

Phillips is a midfielder and too short to play centre back. The thought of a young lad like Mbete coming up against the likes of Kane, Son, Salah, etc doesn’t inspire me with confidence at all.

We‘ve already got four superb centre backs, which is perfect for a long season, why do we feel that we don’t need Aké? Especially to a rival,why help them out? It makes no sense.
But Aké has played more games to cover for us at left back than he has at centre back. So why not get someone like Cucurella in who's a proper upgrade and an out and out left back, he'll push for the starting spot, play tons of games unlike Aké who despite multiple injuries towards end of season was only able to play his last game which was the FA Cup. He's a decent centre back, very likeable personality and someone I'm sure the squad love having around, but if we're to reshuffle might as well continue focusing on how we can improve.

I still stand by it that for left sided CB options we're more than covered with Laporte and Dias. Right side similar with Dias and Stones. Even Walker can play centre back, add Cucurella to the mix. You more or less cover the backline with higher quality than prior imo.

If we get Premier League opposition in the cups then that is a start (similar on how the likes of Cole Palmer and Phil Foden got their breaks). It was Pep who converted Fernandinho into an accomplished Centre Back so there maybe a player who could comfortably take up the position if required.
It’s a risk, however you look at it.

It’s a risk, however you look at it.
It is but it is calculated risk because of the difficulty in trying to bring in an extra defender when the World Cup is looming. Chelsea may not meet our valuation and we will get to keep Nathan Ake which would be problem solved for us (which might not be the ideal situation for him)

Last edited:
It is but it is calculated risk because of the difficulty in trying to bring in an extra defender when the World Cup is looming. Chelsea may not meet our bid and we will get to keep Nathan Ake which would be problem solved for us (which might not be the ideal situation for him)
That is the most likely outcome imo unless Chelsea stump up £50-60m. Which I’m not at all sure they will, even though as a club trained player he is actually now worth much more to them than to City.
That was one of the admittedly many reasons why the odd lot paid way over the odds for Pogba iirc

It's been extraordinary these last couple of weeks.
It has been pure popcorn.
Glad Tolmie called their bluff.
Never met the fella or his brother, despite obviously knowing many mutual people, but he has good standing and is time served.
If Ric stands firmly beside him then he is gold. There is no better reference than that.
Why should he sit back and let blaggers and chancers take money out of his pocket? This is his job.
For those who think ‘professional’ journalists don’t steal stuff from forums and Twitter, you are disastrously incorrect. That is increasingly all they do, in fact.
I know. I have seen it first hand.
Ornstein was cited earlier in this thread as an exemplar. Wrong.
He basically has an ‘in’ with one agent, Barnett, but the industry is a village so he will occasionally get to hear a bit of the village’s second hand gossip.
He’s not far off Castles, tbf, whose credibility is so irreparably damged that he is now considered unemployable on staff in England.
That’s why he relentlessly plugs his ‘transfer podcast’ with the old soak Nixon. It’s a clickbait scam.
Instead, Castles is little more than a “useful idiot” and instrument of Mendes’ third/fourth string guy. He doesn’t even have a direct line to the main man ffs, yet was still willing to debase himself with increasingly deranged Mourinho worship, to try and ingratiate himself with the Big Boss.
But he still has a couple of mates on the industry desks who will throw him a sympathy commission now and again.
Who knows? Maybe they also have an embarrassing liverpool taxi story they would rather nobody ever knows about?

Tl:dr: I’ll side with a Moss Side lad over spoofers like Romano, Castles, Ornstein any day of the week

It has been pure popcorn.
Glad Tolmie called their bluff.
Never met the fella or his brother, despite obviously knowing many mutual people, but he has good standing and is time served.
If Ric stands firmly beside him then he is gold. There is no better reference than that.
Why should he sit back and let blaggers and chancers take money out of his pocket? This is his job.
For those who think ‘professional’ journalists don’t steal stuff from forums and Twitter, you are disastrously incorrect. That is increasingly all they do, in fact.
I know. I have seen it first hand.
Ornstein was cited earlier in this thread as an exemplar. Wrong.
He basically has an ‘in’ with one agent, Barnett, but the industry is a village so he will occasionally get to hear a bit of the village’s second hand gossip.
He’s not far off Castles, tbf, whose credibility is so irreparably damged that he is now considered unemployable on staff in England.
That’s why he relentlessly plugs his ‘transfer podcast’ with the old soak Nixon. It’s a clickbait scam.
Instead, Castles is little more than a “useful idiot” and instrument of Mendes’ third/fourth string guy. He doesn’t even have a direct line to the main man ffs, yet was still willing to debase himself with increasingly deranged Mourinho worship, to try and ingratiate himself with the Big Boss.
But he still has a couple of mates on the industry desks who will throw him a sympathy commission now and again.
Who knows? Maybe they also have an embarrassing liverpool taxi story they would rather nobody ever knows about?

Tl:dr: I’ll side with a Moss Side lad over spoofers like Romano, Castles, Ornstein any day of the week

M14 is not to to be trifled with (:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.