VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched a bit of this on sky look a step up just when it leaves the boot to the ofside line player receiving the ball! All we need now is the same for everything on the field so we can do away with referees completely

Anyone read the replies to the twitter post ?
Second one in is a dipper moaning about 2014 ! He even includes the match.... City v them when their goal was ruled offside. 2014 ffs you sad bastard. Let it go.

Anyone read the replies to the twitter post ?
Second one in is a dipper moaning about 2014 ! He even includes the match.... City v them when their goal was ruled offside. 2014 ffs you sad bastard. Let it go.
Obviously he did not remember Sterlings goal ruled out against them for offside last season when it was proved later he was onside and they used the wrong frame.
Sadly its not the technology but the useless officials using it thats the issue

And if it proves harder to fudge by PIGMOL it will be deemed unworkable in the PL.
Plus we all know that for some strange reason the sensor in the ball wouldn't work at klanfield or old toilet when City score, so they'd have to use the old 50fps to rule out.
The other side will be that those said stadia will be unable to fit all the monitoring sensors and screens so they'd be exempt obviously.
Not holding my breath, but it would be welcomed if it works.

Howard Webb already working on an "Interpretation" that favours certain clubs over others.

Can't get my head around the "Semi automated" wording of the implementation, it's either automated or it isn't.

I suggest that there will be wiggle room for some of the strange decisions we have right now.
That’s their subtle way of saying automated based on technology. However to maintain power pigmol will give the var ref the ability to overrule because the technology couldn’t be programmed with the inherent bias required for their objective.

I’m not a fan of the toenail offside decisions that takes a VAR 5-6 minutes.

But this tends to look an improvement. Thing is I just don’t trust whatever FIFA or UEFA come up with. Why??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.