Why so much transfer activity?

I don't know about the others.
We've won the league four times in five years (and second the other time). The best clubs don't wait till a cycle comes to an end. They anticipate the end of that cycle. They're one step ahead. Much as it makes me grind my teeth to say it, that is what United were under Ferguson. Except for at the end, when he let his own ego get in the way of his club's best interests, and kept on a team that he knew full well should have been broken up, adding a player in the close season that in effect won him one last league title (and didn't do much beyond that, but it was no longer his problem).
Even the very best teams need to be a bit shaken up. I would have expected two or three departures from our squad at the end of this season. Fern was long coming, can't say I'm all that surprised by Gabby, and Raheem wouldn't surprise me all that much.
I very much hope it stops there. I wouldn't blame Zin for going somewhere where he'll get more game time, and in his normal position. I would be annoyed to see Aké go, and downright devastated to see Bernardo go.

If Alvarez and Haaland live up to expectations, I would understand Jesus leaving. If we get Phillips, it might make someone like Zinchenko think about their options. Ake has reportedly said he wants to stay, so the only other rumour is that Sterling might leave. I am agnostic on this one, but I would prefer him to join a non-Premier League club, and I think Pep would like to keep him and convince him to agree to another contract. But I am concerned about the left back situation, that Cuccurella guy looks promising, but is it going to happen?

Am sure I read something about UEFA or even fifa cracking down on the number of loans or even player registrations a club can have so maybe this forces the city group model to change.

I remember at the time us and Chelsea were lambasted for it. Obviously now it's just going to be us though following Roman's sale to You Ess Ayy , good job it wasn't You Ayy Eee ;)

Last edited:
Am sure I read something about UEFA or even fifa cracking down on the number of loans or even player registrations a club can have so many this forces the city group model to change.

I remember at the time us and Chelsea were lambasted for it. Obviously now it's just going to be us though following Roman's sale to You Ess Ayy , good job it wasn't You Ayy Eee ;)
Chelsea for sure will be affected, us much less so, if at all. The CFG isn't a club so it can't be affected at all.

FIFA's new loan rules to be given final approval at next council meeting; FIFA wants to implement rules to prevent stockpiling of players; Clubs will be limited to six players loaned out starting from 2024/25 season; club-trained players or players aged 21 or younger exempt from rules

For Manchester city and pep, we were short of quality in depth and was 3 or 4 players short, trouble with the left back and without a cover plus no strikers and cover for players leaving. also some players have run their course and need a move like Jesus sterling

I think pep and city have done wonderful with the new transfer window and look like balancing the books even a net profit

Worrying that Liverpool are now interested in Nunez from Sporting Lisbon. He would improve them no end. I wanted us to sign him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.