Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be circumstances that would cause us to rue the decision in January? Not being awkward, genuinely asking btw.

One of the reasons Chelsea want Raz is they know what they’ll get… he’s very experienced, premier league proven, great athlete - few injuries, never hides, he can be a bit hit and miss at times but he gets into wonderful positions and he’s a bargain at that price (due to contract being in its final year). From our perspective - life goes on and he will be missed and he will do well at Chelsea but we all need to move on. Raz has been great for us and I wish him well except for when we play Chelsea.

I think you nailed it.. it was always going to be about money from him and City said no..

View attachment 48698

City had supposedly offered him a contract with improved terms. I don't know why anyone would expect him to turn that down to join a worse team for the same amount he's currently on.

Not to mention the fact that he'd earn more by running down his contract and then taking a big signing on fee in lieu of a transfer fee next summer.

Some of you are desperate to make a villain out of him.

Foden, Grealish, Alvarez, Haaland, KDB, Bernardo, Mahrez, Carlos Borges, Cole Palmer and James McAtee, as a combination of players, is clever, skilful, technically sound, quick and determined. I cannot think of anything that they do not have. In addition, Phillips will potentially allow KDB and Bernardo to be more free than they have been, creating havoc further up the pitch.
Raz has been great for us, but hasn't played as much and has suffered with his form. Any team going into the new season with what we have, should feel very confident indeed, or very excited, at least.

Absolutely this ^. As a long standing City fan I’m relatively optimistic we’ll stay up next season ; )

City had supposedly offered him a contract with improved terms. I don't know why anyone would expect him to turn that down to join a worse team for the same amount he's currently on.

Not to mention the fact that he'd earn more by running down his contract and then taking a big signing on fee in lieu of a transfer fee next summer.

Some of you are desperate to make a villain out of him.
I agree, i think this is down to match time rather than money. Shame as i was really liking the thought of seeing him with Haaland.

I think you probably need to accept now that we won't be replacing him. Sam Lee, Jack gaughan and Pol ballus have all said now that palmer will step up and sterling will not be replaced. The sterling money will go to cucurella if we can get him. If ake leaves, which isn't expected, we will sign a CB. If bernardo leaves, hopefully v.unlikely, we would sign a midfielder. That's it- the window is done if we can get cucrella after sterling leaves and no one else leaves.

Palmer nowhere near as good as Sterling. Fucking shit if that’s true.

Palmer (yet) isn't but Haaland definitely is. There are plenty of goalscorers left in the side alongside Haaland.

I have this feeling Tuchel’s not thought this one through. He wants an attacker that’s not a striker to come in to his fluid false 9 system and score the goals who’s also not the biggest name/ego. He’s probably thinking “Sterling has a great record, he’ll be the perfect fit” not realising that Sterling plays best with a proper striker, which Tuchel doesn’t want in his system.

Reminds me of a line from Hangover 2: “We cannot analyse everything”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.