It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

If Richarlison can go for 60m and Grealish for 100m, then the offers for Bernardo should start at 80m plus... and that's with an £!
I'm struggling to work this out to be honest. If Richarlison has been sold for £60m and you value Bernardo Silva at just £20m more than Richarlison? Going by that method surely Bernardo Silva would be worth £600m...If we are comparing him to a bang average donkey like Richarlison.

Net spend has nothing to do with it, spending 100m more than you generate every year is not being self sufficient as that 100m has to come from somewhere
Yes it has to come from somewhere, not from player sales in particular. Hence why I said its the total revenue that matters, and since City is one of the clubs who generate the most revenue in the world from commercial deals, prize & TV money, we are in a position where we dont need to have a good net spend. The club generate enough money from other revenue streams for us to be able to spend significantly more than we generate from player sales on transfers and still be self sufficient. We can of course still have a good net spend from time to time, but a football clubs main goal should be to use their resources and economic strength to be as good as it possibly can be on the pitch, short term and long term, not to win some imaginary net spend trophy.

I'm struggling to work this out to be honest. If Richarlison has been sold for £60m and you value Bernardo Silva at just £20m more than Richarlison? Going by that method surely Bernardo Silva would be worth £600m...If we are comparing him to a bang average donkey like Richarlison.
Age. Bernie's older, don't forget we signed Grealish for 100m also but that's a topic for another day.

Last edited:
OK I know this is sad for a 50 year old and not 100% accurate but I worked out teams over 8 games if we were to rotate 4 players every game playing 4-2-1-3 after the transfers of Raz and Cucurella

1. Eddy, Walker, Cancelo, Dias, Laporte, Rodri, Bernie, Kev, Foden, Haaland, Mahrez
2. Eddy, Walker, Cucurella, Dias, Stones, Rodri, Foden, Kev, Grealish, Haaland, Mahrez
3. Eddy, Cancelo, Cucurella, Stones, Laporte, Phillips, Bernie, Kev, Foden, Haaland, Mahrez
4. Eddy, Walker, Cancelo, Stones, Dias, Rodri, Gundo, Bernie, Grealish, Haaland, Alverez
5. Eddy, Cancelo, Cucurella, Dias, Laporte, Rodri, Gundo, Kev, Grealish, Haaland, Foden
6. Eddy, Cancelo, Cucurella, Dias, Stones, Phillips, Bernie, Kev, Grealish, Haaland, Mahrez
7. Eddy, Walker, Cancelo, Dias, Stones, Rodri, Bernie, Gundo, Foden, Alverez, Mahrez
8. Eddy, Walker, Cancelo, Dias, Laporte, Rodri, Phillips, Kev, Grealish, Haaland, Foden

So out of 8 games Eddy plays (8) Walker (5) Cancelo (7) Cucurella (4) Dias (7) Laporte (4) Stones (5) Rodri (6) Phillips (3) Bernie (5) Kev (6) Gundo (3) Foden (6) Haaland (7) Mahrez (5) Grealish (5) Alverez (2)

This means zero starts for Zinch, Ake or Palmer. So if we keep those players as well, we are covered for 3 injuries. In my view there is no need at all to replace Sterling. We've also got Delap, Mbete, Wilson-Esbrand and McAtee to call on in a dire injury crisis

OK I know this is sad for a 50 year old and not 100% accurate but I worked out teams over 8 games if we were to rotate 4 players every game playing 4-2-1-3 after the transfers of Raz and Cucurella

1. Eddy, Walker, Cancelo, Dias, Laporte, Rodri, Bernie, Kev, Foden, Haaland, Mahrez
2. Eddy, Walker, Cucurella, Dias, Stones, Rodri, Foden, Kev, Grealish, Haaland, Mahrez
3. Eddy, Cancelo, Cucurella, Stones, Laporte, Phillips, Bernie, Kev, Foden, Haaland, Mahrez
4. Eddy, Walker, Cancelo, Stones, Dias, Rodri, Gundo, Bernie, Grealish, Haaland, Alverez
5. Eddy, Cancelo, Cucurella, Dias, Laporte, Rodri, Gundo, Kev, Grealish, Haaland, Foden
6. Eddy, Cancelo, Cucurella, Dias, Stones, Phillips, Bernie, Kev, Grealish, Haaland, Mahrez
7. Eddy, Walker, Cancelo, Dias, Stones, Rodri, Bernie, Gundo, Foden, Alverez, Mahrez
8. Eddy, Walker, Cancelo, Dias, Laporte, Rodri, Phillips, Kev, Grealish, Haaland, Foden

So out of 8 games Eddy plays (8) Walker (5) Cancelo (7) Cucurella (4) Dias (7) Laporte (4) Stones (5) Rodri (6) Phillips (3) Bernie (5) Kev (6) Gundo (3) Foden (6) Haaland (7) Mahrez (5) Grealish (5) Alverez (2)

This means zero starts for Zinch, Ake or Palmer. So if we keep those players as well, we are covered for 3 injuries. In my view there is no need at all to replace Sterling. We've also got Delap, Mbete, Wilson-Esbrand and McAtee to call on in a dire injury crisis
Yep, that's sad

Where have all the “give our Academy players a chance” posters gone?

Plenty of us have been dying to see another Foden come through. Since the Stockport Iniesta arrived we haven’t had anyone near his standard…until now.

Cole Palmer has the skills and determination to succeed and he is nerveless. I don’t doubt him for a second and Pep thinks he is ready.

Sterling is about to leave the club and there are reports that Mahrez will share time with Palmer on the right wing as his replacement.

Instead of looking forward to one of our own stepping up it seems we now want Pep to sign a new player instead!? He can’t win!

We can‘t have it both ways. I accept Palmer might be the only one (maybe McAtee) and that we will have to replace anyone else that leaves after Sterling but I want to hear from the Academy supporters on this…is this not what we have wanted for years?
I agree. Also if we want to replace Sterlings pace Carlos borges has it in spades as well as many other attributes. I think youth has more of a chance out wide too, it needs less experienc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.