It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Where have all the “give our Academy players a chance” posters gone?

Plenty of us have been dying to see another Foden come through. Since the Stockport Iniesta arrived we haven’t had anyone near his standard…until now.

Cole Palmer has the skills and determination to succeed and he is nerveless. I don’t doubt him for a second and Pep thinks he is ready.

Sterling is about to leave the club and there are reports that Mahrez will share time with Palmer on the right wing as his replacement.

Instead of looking forward to one of our own stepping up it seems we now want Pep to sign a new player instead!? He can’t win!

We can‘t have it both ways. I accept Palmer might be the only one (maybe McAtee) and that we will have to replace anyone else that leaves after Sterling but I want to hear from the Academy supporters on this…is this not what we have wanted for years?
I’d be delighted if Palmer got a regular spot in the rotation.

Don't think he has matured enough or improved that much since he left us.
I don’t know if it was maturity or a football intelligence thing. I’m only posting my opinion of why Pep didn’t trust him enough as he’s never spoken about it. My guess was Sane would give up posession by making the wrong choice at the wrong time and it was that inability to learn that frustrated Pep.
If thats the case I don’t think its about maturity or even application it may just be a skill he hasn’t got that Pep needs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.