Pre season games compared to other clubs

City under Pep don't seem to put a great deal of stock in pre-season, I guess in a normal year with as many players away pre-season games don't really add much, given the clubs success I guess you can't argue with that.

It's a trade off, give the players a longer rest but come into the season under-cooked. I feel it's affected us more in recent seasons.

First 5 games:
5 points dropped in 2021/22 (L to Spurs, D to Southampton)
7 points dropped in 2020/21 (L to Leicester, D to Leeds, D to West Ham)
5 points dropped in 2019/20 (D to Spurs, L to Norwich)
2 points dropped in 2018/19 (D to Wolves)
2 points dropped in 2017/18 (D to Everton)
0 points dropped in 2016/17

I'd be a little worried we go into West Ham (A) under-cooked.

Anyone else concerned about our pre season schedule?
We have 3 games booked - two in the US (Green Bay and Houston) and the Community Shield v Liverpool.

Looking at this list here of other club's schedules, most have 5 and Liverpool and the rags have 6.
I'm hoping at least 2 more will be fitted along the way this month.
It’s only 42 days since last season finished so I reckon we’ll be ok.

Can anybody post when each club started preseason? Thanks in advance...

Coaches have no say when it comes to pre-season. It’s the hierarchy who organise them. Must do the coaches’ heads in.

Pep was allowed control of his first pre-season at Bayern and they played 11 pre-season games, all in Germany.

With the amount of players leaving & arriving I think Pep has gone for more time on the training ground

Some seasons, particularly when there’s been lots of international games in the Summer, we seem to work on the basis of being for for the second game of the season. We were short on fitness for the opening day against Spurs last time round but had ole ty of energy for the run in.

I can’t see many first team era getting much of a game in Barca but it might be good for a few who are short on fitness.

I tend to agree that we could play another team whose League haven’t had it in for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.