It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I'm thinking the same, maybe they haven't got hundreds of millions to flash around and all Boehly's money has gone on the takeover. A swap for James would be brilliant, really rate him

They will get Sterling, Ake is also defo up for it.

Will be over £100m.

Certainly think Raheem will be sooner rather than later now.

Ake is clearly a back up option but Chelsea are desperate, so can actually see him going for more than Sterling!

They will get Sterling, Ake is also defo up for it.

Will be over £100m.

Certainly think Raheem will be sooner rather than later now.

Ake is clearly a back up option but Chelsea are desperate, so can actually see him going for more than Sterling!
I mean, if they’re ready to pay stupid money for our 4th choice then sure.

Any idea on replacements? Rumours are that we won’t sign a forward, but we will replace Ake. Feels like we just tell them to pay a stupid amount and use it on a release clause.

I'm thinking the same, maybe they haven't got hundreds of millions to flash around and all Boehly's money has gone on the takeover. A swap for James would be brilliant, really rate him
Many people say Boehly is not the money man, he's just the front for this deal, something is not right about the whole deal, crazy valuation for me, Roman was bank rolling Chelsea from day one, he ran the club very successfully but with a very different business model to our owner.

Anyway if Reece James is part of any deal with Ake/Sterling this summer gets better by the day!

I honestly don’t see us signing anyone outside of the la masia lad and I don’t think we’ll sign a CB to replace Ake if he leaves so that’s par for course.

Ironically, I see that as Pep agreeing to sign an extension. We really don’t do ourselves the favors we could do, do we? I’m all for it though.

I think that’s important to keep a short squad.

I honestly don’t see us signing anyone outside of the la masia lad and I don’t think we’ll sign a CB to replace Ake if he leaves so that’s par for course.

Ironically, I see that as Pep agreeing to sign an extension. We really don’t do ourselves the favors we could do, do we? I’m all for it though.

Well, we’ve briefed that we won’t sell until we have a replacement for Ake. So, either he won’t leave or we have replacement ready when he leaves.

I’d say it’s intresting to see what profile we see as a suitable 4th choice, will tell us a little about our future plankning for cb imo.

If we sell Ake, I think we need to bring another cb in, it would be risky to go into a new season with just 3 cb's imo. Read a few reports that Ake will be replaced if he leaves, ideally I would prefer he stays.

If we sell Ake, I think we need to bring another cb in, it would be risky to go into a new season with just 3 cb's imo. Read a few reports that Ake will be replaced if he leaves, ideally I would prefer he stays.
I think we will tell Ake that we will try to find a replacement and if we do he can go, otherwise he’ll have to wait a year at least.

I mean, if they’re ready to pay stupid money for our 4th choice then sure.

Any idea on replacements? Rumours are that we won’t sign a forward, but we will replace Ake. Feels like we just tell them to pay a stupid amount and use it on a release clause.

Chelsea doing us a favour as far as I can see.

Nobody else has come forward this summer wanting to take Sterling off our hands, solving an issue we were previously resigned to.

Ake, while a popular member of the squad, is still only a fourth-choice back up, nothing which marks him out as being able to dislodge Laporte or Dias.

Getting £50m plus for him would be excellent business and we have to accept he will be feeling the pressure in a World Cup year and has an affinity for Chelsea.

Understandably, many Blues fear losing decent players eventually means the trophy train will hit the buffers, but we are long past that stage, as a club.

That's what happens when the culture is changed by people like Mancini, Pellegrini and certainly, Pep.

We have seen Vinny, Zabba, Dave, Sergio, Toure and Fern, all degrade and eventually leave us.

We keep on winning. There are new players to be made heroes of.

Selling Sterling and Ake should not be accompanied with a careful what we wish for, but another opportunity for Pep and City to take the team forward again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.