Pre season games compared to other clubs

Not sure why we're always happy to suck the cock of one of the clubs that constantly moan about us.
I guess until you know someone with ALS an illness i wouldnt wish on my worse enemy, then I guess trying to raise money and awareness about it, is just sucking cock. I doubt any first l team players will even play but the ignorance from some posters about this game is just astounding.

Last edited:
I guess until you know someone with ALS an illness i wouldnt wish on my worse enemy, then I guess trying to raise money and awareness about it, is just sucking cock. I doubt any first l team players will even play but the ignorance from some posters about this game is just astounding.
I'm all for supporting good causes but the game should have been played pre-season, not during the season.

Coaches have no say when it comes to pre-season. It’s the hierarchy who organise them. Must do the coaches’ heads in.

Pep was allowed control of his first pre-season at Bayern and they played 11 pre-season games, all in Germany.
Not all inGermany. The match against Brescia was somewhere during the Trainings Camp in South Tyrol.

Trainingsstart
26. Juni 2013
Trainingslager
04. - 12. Juli: Trentino/Italien
Testspiele
29. Juni: FC Bayern - Fanclub Wildenau 15:1 (3:0)
30. Juni: TSV Regen - FC Bayern 1:9 (1:3)
05. Juli: Paulaner Traumelf - FC Bayern 0:13 (0:2)
09. Juli: Brescia Calcio - FC Bayern 0:3 (0:2)
13. Juli: SG Sonnenhof Großaspach - FC Bayern 0:6 (0:4)
14. Juli: Benefizspiel: Hansa Rostock - FC Bayern 0:4 (0:2)
20. Juli: Telekom Cup Halbfinale: FC Bayern - Hamburger SV 4:0 (1:0)
21. Juli: Telekom Cup Finale: FC Bayern - Gladbach 5:1 (3:1)
24. Juli: Uli Hoeneß Cup: FC Bayern - FC Barcelona 2:0 (1:0)
27. Juli: DFL Supercup 2013: FC Bayern - Borussia Dortmund 2:4 (0:1)
31. Juli: Audi Cup 2013, FC Bayern - FC São Paulo
1. August: Audi Cup 2013, FC Bayern - AC Milan/Manchester City

The last of the preparation matches was against City. Bayern won that by a penalty won because of a Zabaleta handball and a Mandzukic header. The full matches - no, it is not Chelsea... - can be found on youtube.

That match actually was interesting as Guardiola started without real centre forward with a Ribery-Müller-Robben frontline and a midfield with Schweinsteiger-Thiago-Kroos. Later on he subbed Mandzukic for Thiago etc. - most of the season we played with Mandzu but it was not really Pep's preferred idea then.

Last edited:
Anyone else concerned about our pre season schedule?
We have 3 games booked - two in the US (Green Bay and Houston) and the Community Shield v Liverpool.

Looking at this list here of other club's schedules, most have 5 and Liverpool and the rags have 6.
I'm hoping at least 2 more will be fitted along the way this month.
Hasn’t that been a common theme under Pep? It’s clearly by design that our preseasons are usually on the light side in terms of fixtures.

Hasn’t that been a common theme under Pep? It’s clearly by design that our preseasons are usually on the light side in terms of fixtures.
Yes.... but there are usually at least 3 before the community shield.
That will be our 3rd game and will be Liverpool's 6th.
Having said that there have been behind closed doors games v Preston and Barnsley (I think) in the past too added in later.

Last edited:
Why are we always later returning to training than other top teams? We started badly last year and Pep said it was lack of preparation.

Anyone else concerned about our pre season schedule?
We have 3 games booked - two in the US (Green Bay and Houston) and the Community Shield v Liverpool.

Looking at this list here of other club's schedules, most have 5 and Liverpool and the rags have 6.
I'm hoping at least 2 more will be fitted along the way this month.
We started a bit slow last year, peaked a wee bit early, and then pulled it in at the end. Such a tough thing to get right over 9 months, and this year all thrown up in the air by an Xmas world cup!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.