It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I can see us spending decent money on another centre back rather than a winger.

Stones and Dias both had niggly injuries last season and we relied massively on a patched-up Laporte in the last few games, who looked to have suffered a pretty nasty knee injury. Fernandinho playing centre half never really worked and we don’t even have that option now.

We’re always going to score goals with KDB, Haaland etc, but I think last season showed how important our centre backs are given the high line we play and how many players we commit up the field. I think we’ll sign a top defender who won’t come here as fourth choice, but to compete with the other three.

Bottled the Champions league?

Yeah ok mate.

You sound like that prick Chris Sutton.
Look we obviously have done better than we'd ever imagine

But we collapsed against Madrid once we were in control, fell apart against Lyon and Spurs after we got ourselves in position and were disappointing against chelsea in the final as we just never got into the game

Let's not act like it didn't happen

I don't think that is feasible.

Aké is a certain calibre, and the reason Chelsea are after him is they want to spend 40-50m on a CB.

If they decide they have to spend £60m then they'll probably start shopping in a different market, Kounde or De Ligt for £60-70m
Does it matter to them that he’s club trained or is their squad already pretty good on the registration requirements?

Anyone have seen Luka Sucic?, many people saw him as left footed KDB in term of potential. Still very young and raw but there's world class potential to be unearthed there if developed correctly.

Hope this guy under radar of our scouts.

But we collapsed against Madrid once we were in control, fell apart against Lyon and Spurs after we got ourselves in position and were disappointing against chelsea in the final as we just never got into the game

Madrid mugged us good and proper, the other two you have a point but the Champions league last 16 is a cup competition, the best team does not always win, as we witnessed to our cost last season.

Does it matter to them that he’s club trained or is their squad already pretty good on the registration requirements?
Not at all, they're swimming in club trained players.

They have 9 in the squad, 6 or 7 of which seem like they'll definitely be in next season's squad -

Loftus-Cheek
Chalobah
Mount
James
Gallagher
Broja
Gilmour
Ampadu
Anjorin

and 3 association trained -

Barkley
Chilwell
Bettinelli

Multiple title winners yes, but they've also been key players when we've bottled the Champions league

No it's not like they've been individually responsible but they are part of the group that hasn't been able to grab the trophy we want the most

We've won 4 in 5 in the Prem....maybe a refresh and new characters could get us the champions league

It is a risk, but you can't buy new starters without letting a few go

Think Haaland seems the type to have that winners elite mentality that can be the difference in a Europe final/semi-final
hasn't been able to grab the trophy we want the most
=====
‘WE’? Not for me. It would be great to win it, but PL is always the priority for me. Perhaps you mean the ‘club owners’ rather than we supporters

Agreed. Not 100% sure why it seems frowned upon to be disappointed with our CL results of recent years but posters get shot down whenever they show any bit of negativity to it.

Strange mentality to be happy with recent years. Final? Brilliant. But we were shite for those 90 minutes, let’s have it right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.