It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Nah, not for me… and a sizeable number of fans are of the same opinion. PL always the priority. I still support us in it, but I would have been more upset had we not beaten Villa, than losing to Madrid. It’s just a cup competition; a big one admittedly, but a cup competition nevertheless. I guess younger supporters crave the CL, whereas older supporters (like me) prefer the PLf
Have to agree. Feels like there is a degree of luck with a cup competition, favourable draws etc. Whereas the league is just pure grit where the best team over the course of a season comes out on top, no arguments.

With the Ake transfer we hold all the aces. If Chelsea want him so badly we will hopefully be getting 50m or so for a squad player who is not in the same league as the other 3 we have.

If they don't pay up we get to keep a good squad player for another season and I think we would still manage to get the bulk of our money back in 12 months.

Sorry but that is the trophy WE, as in Man City, want to win the most

We have 6 Prem titles in 11 years, can't see how the Champions League isn't THE trophy given its significance in European football and the honour it holds
Despite the club (no matter who is speaking) always puts the league first? Who exactly are you speaking for then? Certainly not myself.

Even Salah the other week put the league first and then added the CL as an afterthought.

I don't think we will go with the youth option you suggest.

I'm sure City has a list of experienced, fourth-choice back ups, who are able to just do a job for a small amount of game time.
Would rather go with something in between as we have seen what a couple of defensive injuries can do. What about the Argentinian at Ajax that Utd are sniffing around?

Jack is a left winger who plays as a left winger for us and played his best stuff at Villa on the LW....and he will continue to do so at us untill Pep decides otherwise

Just because he's a different type of forward doesn't mean he's not a forward

Fair enough. Last year we had him with Raheem and Gabi and Torres, he was and still is here. But I get what you are saying, if I'm including Aguero then fair to include him too.

Basically, Haaland is the one for me that is outwith all these combinations, he is something that we have been missing and now have. He is not a replacement for Sterling.

The rest is more flexible. Other combinations of existing players are just different ways of saying Sterling won't be replaced. Let's see how it goes. If and once he leaves.

Sorry but that is the trophy WE, as in Man City, want to win the most

We have 6 Prem titles in 11 years, can't see how the Champions League isn't THE trophy given its significance in European football and the honour it holds
For me winning the Premier League is always the trophy I want us to win.
I can understand some fans wanting to win the Champions League but I would much rather win the League.
You can't fluke a title but you can win a cup competition with plenty of luck.
Don't get me wrong I would be more than happy to win the Champions League but the Premier League is the big one for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.