Nathan Ake

I get club sentiment and all that, but you can't honestly think Ake is better than Kimpembe. I really don't know how we come up with these comparisons sometimes. You can do the maths yourself, divide Kimpembe's stats in half and do a little subtraction and you get the same game time as Ake, then compare the stats. Kimpembe is light years ahead of Ake and a world cup winner as well. I hate it when we have to talk other top players down just to big up one of our own. If we didn't have Ake here and we had the chance to go for either Ake or Kimpembe, which would you go for? I love Ake, he is one of our own but I am not about to deny the facts all because of that.

View attachment 48771
Willing to be 4th choice and play 14 games a season ?

I get club sentiment and all that, but you can't honestly think Ake is better than Kimpembe. I really don't know how we come up with these comparisons sometimes. You can do the maths yourself, divide Kimpembe's stats in half and do a little subtraction and you get the same game time as Ake, then compare the stats. Kimpembe is light years ahead of Ake and a world cup winner as well. I hate it when we have to talk other top players down just to big up one of our own. If we didn't have Ake here and we had the chance to go for either Ake or Kimpembe, which would you go for? I love Ake, he is one of our own but I am not about to deny the facts all because of that.

View attachment 48771
Lies lies and damn statistics, or so the saying goes, statistics are useful but they do give you the full picture or tell you who the better player is. That's why we invest in a scouting network. I think Ake is a decent player but I know nothing of the other fella, TBH stats wouldn't convince me he's better or worse than Ake.

But then we lose Walker in his best position if he has to play centre back, plus he’s not great at CB anyway. Phillips is far too short to play there. Rodri may manage it, but we’d miss him in midfield, he’s certainly not a centre back.

We‘ve already got Aké, why let him go? Why make our squad so thin we risk having to play people out of position? We looked very dodgy at the back in the games Fern had to play there, why invite that again? We should be trying to win everything every season, for that we need a decent size squad, no weak links. Particularly we shouldn’t even consider letting a rival strengthen at our expense.
Good points. If Ake stays we will all be happy. If he leaves we pocket the cash and have players who can fill in. Do you really think the whole defence & back up CB will get injured like last season? I think it’s a one off.

I'll be sorry to see him go, as seems likely now (if the twitterati are to be believed). He never complained, and did an excellent job standing in for Dias/Stones at the back end of the season.

Considering how last season went, the number of people on here comfortable with selling him and going with 3 CBs next season is baffling.
Any hints on who could be the replacement? i haven't seen any...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.