Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t take any notice of what “ Paul I go out drinking with my best mate Aldridge” Merson says. They still think that it’s the 1990s and argue whether Ryan Giggs or Michael Thomas are the most iconic moments in football history;)

We're fucked next season if we lose Sterling And Jesus according to Merson.
But on a positive agenda note Utd have the perfect player in Eriksen and he can't believe all the other Premier league teams didn't go in for him.
What a total tool this guy his.
He must have to get the rounds in at his local to have any company
Remember when Eriksen snubbed us to go to Spurs, so he could win trophies he said. That turned out well, how many trophies in your cabinet Chris. Now to the rags, lets see what nonsense he spouts now or will he be truthful and say, I am going for the money cos he certainly ain't going to win trophys.

Last edited:
That’s the same Paul Merson that said we’d be lucky to finish top four playing without a recognised striker, that Kevin de Bruyne was a “waste of money”, and that he had no idea what Yaya would offer to the team when we signed him for “silly money”.

Our coaching and scouting staff should hire him as an inverse indicator consultant on all potential decisions — we’d win back-to-back quadruples with his direct insights.
Nearly as good as Oliver Dolt (not a typo) saying in 2011 that Liverpool buyiug Charlie Adam was better business than City signing Sergio.

Hang on, this is the organisation that denied they had received any complaints of sexual misconduct about Tim Westwood. This was after a Guardian investigation into his conduct.
They now admit they had in fact received 7 separate complaints about him. One of which had been investigated by the police.
Jimmy Saville was historic, Westwood is current, they are a disgrace. They cover up for paedophiles and rapists. They are not fit for purpose.
So you are quoting there 2 examples, what 30-40 years apart. So based on that you draw a conclusion?

I’m not for one minute minimising the Westwood cases, and fully condemn them.
But I also condemn cases that occurred in football decades ago, and also condemn cases arising involving players in recent years too. It doesn’t make me question the fitness of football clubs that employed those individuals.
That’s just one example. Lots of organisations and businesses, from the government down, have, over decades, cases of disgrace.

Many, many large organisations will have people employed in them who make bad decisions, along with some bad people full stop, along with many people who aren’t like that.

The BBC have done so much good for the culture of this country.
I won’t mention Dads Army,
Fools Horses, Edge of Darkness, Tinker Taylor, and all the other fabulous comedy & drama.
But I do think about the great sporting moments I grew up with experiencing via the bbc; I can still hear David Coleman describing Steve Ovett’s ‘blue eyes like chips of ice’ as him and Coe headed past the 200m mark in Moscow. All the World Cups. I can still see the Live Aid coverage now. I could go on and on. The fabulous music coverage on Radio 1, from the Friday Rock Show to the best DJ mixes on a Friday night.
The BBC had brought me so, so much pleasure and enjoyment over the years I can’t even begin to articulate or quantify it.
So for me, it’s posts like yours that are not fit for purpose.

(And yes, just for the record, of course punish where needed in cases like Westwood, just as you would in any organisation when that is uncovered, or cover ups are uncovered)

Wow, apparently he's already written the release clause in. Well Daily Mirror reporter, he is hardly likely to write it in AFTER he signed a contract is he. If he was allowed to do that he could just write in a wage rise of 500k a week extra.
What a load of shite.
I was once told by a solicitor that release clauses were illegal in the UK. This was a while back and may have changed subsequently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.