Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
No disrespect to Sterling but he isn't a 'legend'. But he is a hero for what he did that year where he just kept gettting last minute winners to keep us in the title race.
He was a very good player though, fantastic on his day but I think the sad thing is the curtain has drawn on his time here which is sad but it's best for both parties so he can go on and thrive again

If he goes I wish him the best of luck somewhere else. I actually hate that he's going to a domestic rival though, he can be very dangerous. would have much prefered him to go to Madrid.

Legend or not, up to the individual probably. But when we look back at this period, and the success under Pep, his name will appear there for a long time as one of, if not the, top scorer under Pep, it will take some doing to top that.

I think we are stacked in that position mate we paid £75 billion (if you belive the media) for Grealish who plays mostly on the left which releases Foden for wide right. We have Palmer and Mahrez, that's more than enough IMO.
I personally think that we will miss a pacey wideman. Sometimes speed succeeds where craft fails.

I'm not sure that i care much for the word legend, its pretty subjective in my mind. What should be without doubt is that he has been a hero on many occasions, he has come to our rescue on many occasions, and yes he has missed some serious chances, but he's a winger with a better than 1 in 3 strike rate and a serious number of assists. When he goes it will be with my best wishes and if, which seems unlikely now, he stays he'll get my continued backing.

No need to be a disrespectful twat
It's nothing new. Football fans always have and always will have a nasty element, who pick targets to bully and demean. They want to believe they're more important than the rest of us who just support the team.

Those who have been on his back for years are delighted. A part of them genuinely believes that they've played a part in hounding him out. Take satisfaction in the knowledge that he'll never know they exist, and he certainly doesn't give a shit about their 'opinions'.

If and when he leaves, and it looks like that day is imminent, he'll leave on his own terms and with his head held high - that's what they can't stand, and that's why they have to constantly tell the rest of us how great it is that he's leaving, and how he was never that good, and that we'll be better without him...

I guarantee you that there'll be a massive Sterling thread in the general football forum next year, full of the same posters, rewriting history.

The four options with Sterling, we sell, not a particularly good time to move clubs with all the big names skint. He signs a new contract, well he has not yet but with limited options that could still happen.He sits out his contract and leaves on a free, there is no sign of a recovery in the market, his options could be worse next year and he could spend the year on the bench.He sits out his contract and signs on again with a signing on bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.