Biggest bellend in football (with no connections to United or Liverpool)

Airing such views about a player in public is and was unforgivable. Remember, this is the man who banned Justin Fashanu from training with the Nottingham Forest first team when he came out as gay and had the player removed from the training ground by local police in October 1982 after the player tried to defy the ban. We might agree with the sentiment behind some of his comments about the state of football at the time but it doesn't alter the fact that Clough was an egotistical bully who seemed to take pleasure in the discomfort of others.

That was before he publicly came out as gay.

Clough was obviously of a bigoted mindset otherwise he wouldn't have asked Fashanu why he went to gay bars.

In his autobiography, Clough recounts a verbal dressing-down he gave Fashanu after hearing rumours that he was going to gay bars. "'Where do you go if you want a loaf of bread?' I asked him. 'A baker's, I suppose.' 'Where do you go if you want a leg of lamb?' 'A butcher's.' 'So why do you keep going to that bloody poofs' club?"

I’m a little surprised that Jack Wilshere’s retirement has passed without mention in this thread. Especially given his special bond with City fans…

View attachment 49139
he left a club that didn't want him, just as Uwe arrived. Wilshere was a special player just didn't crack it fully and spat his dummy out often

I wouldn't include a referee, at all. They do the thankless graft every weekend and are never worse than a league organiser or chairman ever. The bias of chairpersons or directors at league or international level is so snide that even the dirtiest reporter can't match them for lowness. That leads me shortlist 7 from 9 that wrote to CAS. Arsenal, Burnley, Chelsea, Leicester City, Newcastle United, Tottenham Hotspur and Wolves. So, any of those snide club chairpersons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.