Raheem Sterling

I'm not going to get too worked up over that. I thank him for his years of service with us. But he's gone now, we move on. And I can see why he did what he did. If he'd signed a Liverpool shirt days after joining us, we wouldn't have been too happy, would we?
Wouldn't have bothered me in the slightest. That didn't look good at all.

1. Not once does Sterling look at who is holding the shirt, he refused purely on what shirt it was.

2. Who gives a shit anyway. We didnt pay him what he wanted so he has wanted out for a while. Found someone who'll pay him 300k a week went on his way. The lad never had any loyalties to us, he's simply chasing the £.

Last edited:
I don’t see the big deal in him not signing it.

I also don’t see that there would be an issue if he did sign it like some have implied.

I'm not going to get too worked up over that. I thank him for his years of service with us. But he's gone now, we move on. And I can see why he did what he did. If he'd signed a Liverpool shirt days after joining us, we wouldn't have been too happy, would we?
Wouldn’t have been an issue for me. I was a total Raz supporter and thought he was one of the main contributors to our success. However, it was odd behaviour, but he’s gone now so let’s move on.

1. Not once does Sterling look at who is holding the shirt, he refused purely on what shirt it was.

2. Who gives a shit anyway. We didnt pay him what he wanted so he has wanted out for a while. Found someone who'll pay him 300k a day went on his way. The lad never had any loyalties to us, he's simply chasing the £.
A bit harsh. I think he always tried his best for us. In the last year, he was being left out for the biggest games, so is right to move on.

Can you imagine Silva doing that? Or Zabaleta if a City fan was amongst West Ham fans after he left? Or Vinnie doing that over in Belgium when he was managing there? Or Sergio refusing a City shirt in Barcelona? Not a chance would they do that. Because they’re City legends and Sterling isn’t anywhere close. At least this puts that argument to bed. There’s an important distinction between being a legend and being a very good player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.