Raheem Sterling

I think it probably shows how much tension there was between possibly the club or pep that sterling never done a farewell video interview like gabby did?
Think Sterling had his nose pushed out of joint because City wouldn't pay him the same money as De Bruyne, big difference between world class and playing for England.

So after seven years of defending Sterling when out-of-context quotes / actions were used to make him look bad in the press, people are jumping to condemn him at the first opportunity over an out-of-context video

Some of yous need to fucking grow up

The thing about Raz is, he's always had a chip on his shoulder, he always thinks things are unfair and that people are out to get him(which tbf, was 100% true for a l9ng time after moving to us). I think that's what's driven him and gotten him to where he is, determined to prove people wrong, but at the same time it makes him harder to really like. This just seems like an extension of that.

Doesn't affect what he did tor the club, he'll always be remembered for what a massive part hw played in (hopefully) the first Pep era of domination. Think he'll be remembered more like Yaya though, rather than the warmth of someone like Zabba

I'm confused. Is it vogue now to not like Sterling? Or is it the opposite.

Twas easier when he was just missing chances.

Wouldn't bother me at all if one of our players signed a shirt of their former club, especially if they'd literally just joined us. I'd see it as a nice thing they'd done for a fan.

But it also doesn't particularly bother me that Raz didn't sign that shirt. If the person asking was a genuine City fan then I sympathise (and if it was me I might feel a little put out).

But he doesn't owe us anything. He was ours and now he's not. I'm not going to get worked up if he wants to distance himself from us or try to get in his new fans' good books.

He was very good for us for a long time and I have fond memories and hope he'll get a warm welcome when he returns to the Etihad. He'd have to do a lot more than refuse to sign a shirt to significantly tarnish his legacy with me.

Sign the shirt. No drama.

I would have signed if I was him but he didn’t, okay cool
I guess. I’m more surprised at fhe strong reaction to it.

You obviously wouldn't see it as a big deal. I don't,either. But, clearly, there's quite a few on here who do.

That’s what I find surprising. I remember Mourinho refusing to sign a Chelsea shirt not long after moving to Spurs. Some Chelsea fans were up in arms about it then too. I found that really weird too.

Wouldn't bother me at all if one of our players signed a shirt of their former club, especially if they'd literally just joined us. I'd see it as a nice thing they'd done for a fan.

But it also doesn't particularly bother me that Raz didn't sign that shirt. If the person asking was a genuine City fan then I sympathise (and if it was me I might feel a little put out).

But he doesn't owe us anything. He was ours and now he's not. I'm not going to get worked up if he wants to distance himself from us or try to get in his new fans' good books.

He was very good for us for a long time and I have fond memories and hope he'll get a warm welcome when he returns to the Etihad. He'd have to do a lot more than refuse to sign a shirt to significantly tarnish his legacy with me.

Doesnt bother me but not all social media etc are as grown up as us lol !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.