Raheem Sterling

I think any other player and nobody gives a toss. However, he divided opinion so much among fans that any little thing just allows a continuation of what has gone before. I expect a Sterling thread on here will be just as active next season, as it has been in previous seasons.

I think any other player and nobody gives a toss. However, he divided opinion so much among fans that any little thing just allows a continuation of what has gone before. I expect a Sterling thread on here will be just as active next season, as it has been in previous seasons.

God I hope not

You know, it may be because I am one of the old school or just maybe because I is old (as the saying goes!!) but can't we just say goodbye and thank you to a player who gave his all for Manchester City when he was a City player and has now moved on?

Why the vitriol? I taught at a school for 15 years and then got a new job. I was wished well by the parents, staff and pupils. Can't we just do that for Raz please?

Sorry, just my humble opinion. He's moved on, let's concentrate on the wonderful players we still have, like John Boy, Kyle, Bernie, Mahrez, Grealish, Foden, Eddie and I think we have a new boy in town? Someone called Haaland or am I harking back to a previous age/era? Let's just cheer Raz when he returns and forget about him now. :-)

JMHO

I was about to say something similar. Maybe it's just me but I didn't feel like David connected with the fans any more than Sterling did. Sergio yes, Vinny yes, Zabba yes, Ferna yes but Silva not particularly.

I think the reason most fans probably see Silva as a legend and not Sterling is because he was part of that first title winning side under Mancini, he stayed for 10 years when he could've easily gone to one of the Spanish giants whereas Sterling has played for two of our domestic rivals, and he was simply a far better footballer, one of the best we've ever had in fact.
He’s a legend as he was technically the best player to ever pull on a blue shirt. Sterling doesn’t come close to him. Simple

You know, it may be because I am one of the old school or just maybe because I is old (as the saying goes!!) but can't we just say goodbye and thank you to a player who gave his all for Manchester City when he was a City player and has now moved on?

Why the vitriol? I taught at a school for 15 years and then got a new job. I was wished well by the parents, staff and pupils. Can't we just do that for Raz please?

Sorry, just my humble opinion. He's moved on, let's concentrate on the wonderful players we still have, like John Boy, Kyle, Bernie, Mahrez, Grealish, Foden, Eddie and I think we have a new boy in town? Someone called Haaland or am I harking back to a previous age/era? Let's just cheer Raz when he returns and forget about him now. :-)

JMHO
Remember the receptions that Distin Dickov James Barton Sturridge Milner etc. got? We’re no different to any other set of fans in the country. We’ll always have a portion of our fanbase who give players who leave us a load of shit.

He scores goals…“We should never have sold him”.

He misses sitters...“Ha ha, always said he was fucking shit, we robbed Chelsea”.

Inevitable.

Yea you are probably right to be fair,I’ll stay away from it,honestly I will.

But the robbing Chelsea part,I like the sounds of that bit

Remember the receptions that Distin Dickov James Barton Sturridge Milner etc. got? We’re no different to any other set of fans in the country. We’ll always have a portion of our fanbase who give players who leave us a load of shit.
I think we generally give ex-players a better reception than most supporters. Unless they’ve been disrespectful motherfuckers like Distin and Milner. Dickov getting pelters did annoy me though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.