Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
first of all you can't use on off the for anything. one off indicates he is in a small class. I am pretty sure if you take a look at any off serviceable full backs of city before 2000's along with Kolarov, Delph and Clichy they would all still be better than Zinc. because being a defender implies you need defensive skills which is non existent with Zinc.
You wouldn’t be “totally disrespecting him and devaluing him as a person” would you?

See this thread is turning into the usual mess when it comes to a player potentially leaving.

Just because someone dons our blue shirt, it doesn't make them a world beater. As much as I love Zin he never was a full back and playing him there caused us problems defensively.

For me, and our style of play, the list of who id be gutted to see leave from last season's squad are:

Eddie
Walker
Stones
Dias
Phil
Bernado
Kev

These guys are world class, irreplaceable in my eyes.

Raz, Ake, Jesus, Zin, Laporte, Mahrez etc are replaceable

It is interesting, how many total toolballs, hung up on the fact that zinchenko used to be a midfielder and therefore 'hasn't been a good left back for us', are unleashing their stuck-in-their-ways bile on this thread.

It is fine, I remember post-match thread, after post-match thread, after post-match thread, where a fair few that actually watch football got to say, what an outstanding performance by Zinch, arguing whether he or someone else deserved man of the match, pointing out what a difference he made.

I remember us sitting in 9th at new year, and Pep bringing him back into the sterting 11 once he realised fannying about with inverted FBs didnt work out, and us going on a 20-something winning run, storming to the league title. Something zinchenko made The biggest difference to, and many of us noted it.

Which makes me realise, there are plenty sensible people out there, eventhough the semi-clueless fuds that just want to be critics because they once said something negative and now they have to live by it, are currety louder on this one thread.

I'm ok with that.

It is interesting, how many total toolballs, hung up on the fact that zinchenko used to be a midfielder and therefore 'hasn't been a good left back for us', are unleashing their stuck-in-their-ways bile on this thread.

It is fine, I remember post-match thread, after post-match thread, after post-match thread, where a fair few that actually watch football got to say, what an outstanding performance by Zinch, arguing whether he or someone else deserved man of the match, pointing out what a difference he made.

I remember us sitting in 9th at new year, and Pep bringing him back into the sterting 11 once he realised fannying about with inverted FBs didnt work out, and us going on a 20-something winning run, storming to the league title. Something zinchenko made The biggest difference to, and many of us noted it.

Which makes me realise, there are plenty sensible people out there, eventhough the semi-clueless fuds that just want to be critics because they once said something negative and now they have to live by it, are currety louder on this one thread.

I'm ok with that.
If you take what a not insignificant number on here write on match and post match threads, you need professional help. An awful lot of them are knee jerk reactions to a less than dazzling performance. I particularly remember during and after the game at Palace last season. Christ, it's like people choose to forget just what this team is capable of. If it was up to me, I'd bin those threads. But that's a no-no.

The article is more about City's hunt for a left back, but Martin Blackburn does say Zinchenko is off to Arsenal for 30 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.